Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

Tools    

The truth is in here

The concept of the show is that Jerry Seinfeld presents a car which he then uses to drive around guests in, and they stop by at a café, resturant or wherever and have a cup of coffee. For the most part the guest is a comedian. It's basically a relaxed talkshow format, where they sit down and talk about comedy, themselves and crack jokes.
Has anybody here seen it? I think it's great. Some episodes are stronger than others, but so far I've enjoyed all of them. My favorites are the ones with Michael Richards and Jay Leno in them. The Richards episode especially.

The only episode I'm worried about is the Miranda Sings one. I've heard it's really bad.

It started streaming in 2012. Yes, people have heard of it.

I enjoy it. The Miranda Sings episode is fine. She does her schtick. If you don't groove to her obviously you won't like the episode. Jerry is very clearly amused by her. Will she stand the test of time compared to the many legends he has interviewed? Smart money is on no. But as an episode of his show it works just fine.

The Garry Shandling and Steve Martin episodes are two of my favorites. I have watched them all. Albert Brooks is the big get I am still waiting for. He did two episodes with Albert's brother Bob Einstein before he died.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think it's a great premise, and several that I watched were very enjoyable. However the potential doesn't always seem to result in sustained high quality.

Some of the guests are good at ad-libbing, while for others, it's not their forte. Many are used to scripted repartee, or their own practiced routines. I'd love to have seen one with Jonathan Winters, RIP.

~Doc

I think if he has guests on you want to see it's enjoyable. The new season had Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy and Seth Rogen. That's about all I was interested in. This show has spawned 100 other ones though.

I was hoping to see Rogan on his show and him on his podcast. That would be interesting

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I only saw the one with David Letterman, who I still get a kick out of. Good interview.

I guess I 'd watch a few if I really liked the comedian.

Don't like carpool karaoke with James Cordin, tho' , which I assume is a ripoff of JS's concept.

I like nearly all of them. I've watched a few more than once. Very pleasant, good length, always at least marginally amusing or clever, lots of insight into the nature of comedy.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I cherry-picked a bunch of these recently, throughout all seasons, and had a blast one evening watching some of my favorites with Jerry. TWO with Brian Regan, one with Jim Gaffigan, Steve, Martin, Mel Brooks AND Carl Reiner (same episode), plus a bunch of others I just let run on their own.

I'd avoided this show since it first came out, thinking it would be dull or just not click. I was wrong. It's mostly delightful, especially if you already are a fan of the guest.

The truth is in here
The Miranda episode was mediocre. Her schtick got old and annoying very fast, but Jerry's sarcastic comments and clear frustration with her childishness was amusing at least. So it's very bad by this series' standards, but could have been worse. I give it 5/10.

The Adventure Starts Here!
The Miranda episode was mediocre. Her schtick got old and annoying very fast, but Jerry's sarcastic comments and clear frustration with her childishness was amusing at least. So it's very bad by this series' standards, but could have been worse. I give it 5/10.
Miranda? I don't offhand see any episodes with that name. All I can think of is Lin Manuel-Miranda.

I have to admit that I've never seen it, but Jerry's recent Netflix special did pique my curiosity to the point that i was thinking about at least checking out the pilot...how many seasons are there?

Like 5-6 or something, but they're short: maybe a dozen episodes each, most of them 15-20 minutes. I'd definitely look at the list, pick a few guests you like. You'll know after like two if it's for you. They all have a similar feel. I love 'em, personally.

The truth is in here
Miranda? I don't offhand see any episodes with that name. All I can think of is Lin Manuel-Miranda.
It's called Happy Thanksgiving, Miranda. It's the fourth episode in season 5.

The truth is in here
Like 5-6 or something, but they're short: maybe a dozen episodes each, most of them 15-20 minutes. I'd definitely look at the list, pick a few guests you like. You'll know after like two if it's for you. They all have a similar feel. I love 'em, personally.

There are 11 seasons. Mostly they've ranged between 5-8 episodes, but the most recent seasons have upped the episode count a bit. Season 10 had 12 and season 11 had 11. Season 1 was also an oddity at the time in that it had 10 episodes.

Ah yeah, meant to reply: I don't love the Miranda thing either, but I can see why Seinfeld kind of admires it. I admit, I liked it a lot more by the end of the episode than I did in the beginning. Took awhile for me to get on that wavelength.

The thing that did it for me was understanding how well-realized the character was. She had her own thought process with a strange internal logic to it. Like when he asks her why she's upset:

Miranda: "I'm not upset, I'm smiling."
Jerry: "You're not smiling."
Miranda: "Yes I am, my teeth are showing."

There are 11 seasons. Mostly they've ranged between 5-8 episodes, but the most recent seasons have upped the episode count a bit. Season 10 had 12 and season 11 had 11. Season 1 was also an oddity at the time in that it had 10 episodes.
Yeah, I knew as soon as I said it it was probably way more. Some of them are so short. Anyway, main thing I wanted to convey was that you can blow through it even though the raw numbers seem intimidating.

The truth is in here
It didn't become a Netflix show until season 10. For the first nine seasons it was distributed by Crackle.

Beats me why not all seasons are included though. Netflix is kind of a joke in terms of streaming services.