Hitchcock would have been 120 today.....

Tools    

.....Here is how he filmed the plane crash scene in 'Foreign Correspondent'. He is projecting the footage of the sea from the rear (infront of the cockpit), onto a sheet of rice paper which covers the cockpit - then the water crashes in from 2 directions at the rear. While it's all filmed from the inside.

Remember - this was 79 years ago :

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Ah yes, we share a birthday!

That GIF is insane. Thanks for sharing.

Possibly my all-time favorite director. Certainly at the tippy tippy top of the list somewhere.

The truth is in here
Amazing director and even though he didn't write the scripts for most of his movies, a great storyteller. He really takes you on a rollercoaster ride and doesn't let you go until the movie is over. My favorite that I've seen from him is Rear Window, but I still have many classics left to discover.

Happy birthday to the God of suspense!

.....Here is how he filmed the plane crash scene in 'Foreign Correspondent'. He is projecting the footage of the sea from the rear (infront of the cockpit), onto a sheet of rice paper which covers the cockpit - then the water crashes in from 2 directions at the rear. While it's all filmed from the inside.

Remember - this was 79 years ago :
Nice find, SL! And good of you to point out The Master's birthday. He's my personal favorite director, although there are a few tied for second place...

~Doc