I'm looking to get into making trailers. Who should I reach out to?

Tools    

I run a marketing firm that does video ads for arts organizations and politicians, and we average about 400 shares per video. Have done stuff for former Senator Joe Donnelly as well as a number of congresspeople.

I want to put together trailers custom-made for Facebook. I think I could do a really good job at it. I just need a director to reach out to. Someone who's maybe not super well known, low-budget and high quality who might be interested. Maybe a few thousand followers on Facebook. Any ideas? I just sent Kurt Kuenne a FB message, but I'm wondering if there's anyone else I should reach out to.

Sorry, not sure how answer-able this kind of question is. I think you probably have the right idea, in just contacting indie directors to start. But I think maybe the issue is that anyone in that position is more than capable of editing a trailer together already, no?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
No idea who to contact but I'd suggest having a solid portfolio for your YouTube account. Make the trailers you would like to see for movies that exist so that you have samples to point to as proof of concept with any pitch you make. Having a strong fan base could help show you're willing to market yourself. I don't know how YouTube handle a copyright material so maybe don't claim the material as your own or monitize the posts else I imagine they will be taken down.

Then just spam the hell out of any name you find that might offer a back door into whatever studio.

You tried getting a job in studios that produce trailers? For real experience and insider access to leverage?