Is Hollywood afraid of the female form nowadays?

Tools    

Hollywood is just afraid of being even more exposed for being the evil it's always been. It's a simple answer. Cater to the feminists to avoid picket lines on opening weekend.

Hollywood is just afraid of being even more exposed for being the evil it's always been. It's a simple answer. Cater to the feminists to avoid picket lines on opening weekend.
Why do you think it's called Holly-wood If they would've named it Edwood things would be so much different!

Yeah I agree on the Transformer movies that the female form is shown in too much close up and too exploitative there maybe.

It's hard to explain what I mean maybe, but it just seems that way for me that Hollywood is afraid of the female form now. What about the new Terminator movie as an example?

The female Terminator in T3, they weren't afraid to make look feminine and more voluptuous, but the new female Terminator is completely flat chested, and looks boyish compared to the T3 one. Is that a better example?
Its not really what he shows but just how tacked on it feels and indeed how trashy it looks. I'd like to think I'm not prudish at all, some of my favourite films have significant amounts of sex in them but it tends to be in aid of something other than just titillating the audience.

The Terminator sequel I spose you might have a point there, hard to know exactly but without having seen it(not sure I will at the cinema given how bad it looks) yeah I do get the impression they may have made Mackenzie Davis character look as masculine as possible to try and score clumsy political points. The whole film just screams low effort/talent cash in to me just as the last couple have(which ironically it seems to steal a lot from despite disregarding them) so I can well believe they'd do that.

As far as Terminator 3 goes I actually think the female Terminator was a bit of a missed opportunity. We get a couple of pretty inconsequential scenes playing up Loken being attractive for some titillation but it doesn't really focus on the idea of her being sexually manipulative very much that I think that could have been more interesting/scary. Johansson in my avi for example plays up a similar kind of character very effectively IMHO.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, I didn't think she needed to be very sexually manipulative though, since she probably gets the answers she wants out of torturing or killing people with her powers, but the fact that she looks feminine and voluptuous is good I thought.

I just watched The Outlaw (1943), and read about how when making the movie, they invented special bras, to emphasize Jane Russell's breasts. Is this one of the reasons you don't see more voluptuous depictions of women in movies nowadays, is a lot of filmmakers don't want to ask women to do that maybe?

Another example I noticed is the new Batwoman TV series. If you look at photos of it, the new Batwoman actress, looks as boy-ish as possible.

Another example I noticed is the new Batwoman TV series. If you look at photos of it, the new Batwoman actress, looks as boy-ish as possible.
That has absolutely nothing to do with being "afraid of the female form" and is more of an appeal to feminism and to the LGBT+/GRSM community.

Also, you seem to have a pretty messed up notion of what the "female form" actually is and seem to think it must be the shape that appeals the most to cis-het men. Or, at least, the one that appeals most to you. Women come in all sorts of forms.

That said, having just watched the trailers, I think the show looks like crap.

That's true they come in all sorts of forms, but its seems like it's becoming more masculine in action thriller entertainment as the years go on, for some reason. So it's still driving towards a certain form.

Well it just seems kind of contradictory, cause they want more female action roles, but they make the characters look as manly as they can with Batwoman and the new Terminator it seems. But why?

I mean people say they want more people who are non-white in movie roles too, but if you watch a movie like Black Panther, they don't make the black actors as white looking as possible. If they can embrace non white actors, non-whiteness, then why can't they embrace female actors, feminine form, so to speak?

Well it just seems kind of contradictory, cause they want more female action roles, but they make the characters look as manly as they can with Batwoman and the new Terminator it seems. But why?

I mean people say they want more people who are non-white in movie roles too, but if you watch a movie like Black Panther, they don't make the black actors as white looking as possible. If they can embrace non white actors, non-whiteness, then why can't they embrace female actors, feminine form, so to speak?
Maybe it has nothing to do with the female form being more masculine. I mean men in action movies are all buffed and muscular too. So it might be that male or female leads in action films are always tough-kick ass-muscular types, just because that's what people want to see in those type of movies.

You’re still stuck on the ridiculous notion that a woman looks one particular way. And diversity and representation aren’t just about skin color or how many X chromosomes a person’s cells have. Go back and read my previous post. Also try watching the trailers.

Also, I strongly disagree that Ruby Rose looks “manly.” Androgynous, sure. Not manly.

But it seems to be more common now then before, like it's becoming a trend. When I say manly, I don't mean successfully manly, but like they are still trying, if that make sense.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That's true they come in all sorts of forms, but its seems like it's becoming more masculine in action thriller entertainment as the years go on, for some reason. So it's still driving towards a certain form.
MV gave you a reasonable answer in her post that you replied to but seemed to have overlooked what she actually typed.

Also, action flicks need a certain physicality, no?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lol no matter how many times I see your avatar, it always makes me smile. And reading your caption just brightens my mood rofl. No pun intended. Gizmo is the greatest. I whistle his melody at work, from time to time. Ok. I'm done being a dork. Still a great av tho!

Expect a similar post from me yearly as that's around the time I forget that I probably already said this before.