Quentin Tarantino's 10th film: The Movie Critic

Tools    

There aren't any details yet about Quentin Tarantino's 10th and supposedly final film before he retires...supposedly.

However, he recently hinted that his next project will be an "epilogue" with a "big show-stopping climax".

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ogue-y-1230249

Any guesses as to how this film will turn out and what it will be?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I personally hope his next movie is a return to the gritty men-in-cheap-suits gangster film genre that follows in the footsteps of his first 2 films: Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

A sequel of sorts to Pulp Fiction, which follows Samuel Jackson's character Jules Winnfield many years later to see what he's been up to after he decided to "walk the earth like Caine in Kung Fu", would be cool, too.

Welcome to the human race...
For some reason, I imagine his Star Trek movie being a feature-length Holodeck episode.

Part of me wonders how practical it would be to do a full-on Tarantinoverse movie where various characters from all his different movies float in and out, though the central premise would arguably be a third Kill Bill where Vernita's daughter seeks revenge on the Bride - then again, the idea of Tarantino doing his version of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back sounds like...a mixed bag.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He's mentioned how his universe is split it two. The real one and the cinematic one. So the characters in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are real and if they would go to see a movie, they'd see Kill Bill. Granted, I think he only considers his movie universe to be Kill Bill and From Dusk Till Dawn.

As for me? I'd like to see him take on sic/fi, but that would become part of his movie universe and wouldn't feel epilogue-y, so maybe he should go back to his earlier movies? But does an artist want to go backwards or forwards?

I never did like seeing the numbered films in the marketing of his movies. "The 4th film by Quentin Tarantino", it always felt pretentious to me, but it fits Tarantino's persona.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah, Tarantino is definitely the rare "pretentious, but mostly backs it up" guy, for me. I can also appreciate the fact that the pretentiousness sort of fits his filmmaking style in a meta sense.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I remember reading way back in the late 2000s that Tarantino wanted to do a movie that made fun of 70s Kung Fu movies that was dubbed deliberately badly. I hope he makes that one if that was true that he wanted to.

I remember reading way back in the late 2000s that Tarantino wanted to do a movie that made fun of 70s Kung Fu movies that was dubbed deliberately badly. I hope he makes that one if that was true that he wanted to.
I thought Kung-Pow already did that but I'm intrigued how Tarantino would approach this kind of comedy.

In a recent interview with Andy Cohen, Tarantino said that he has an idea for Kill Bill Volume 3, and that the long-discussed sequel is definitely in the cards.

Could this be his tenth and final film, or will he consider it an extension to the first 2 volumes, which he counted as one film?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...dea/ar-BBY2OHS

Is there a link to an interview where QT has gone on record that he's planning to stop after 10 films? In addition to the Cohen interview re a Kill Bill followup, he'd stated earlier this year that he'd picked Jerrod Carmichael to co-write a film adaptation based on the Django/Zorro crossover comic book series.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where, at aged 56, QT would just cease film making altogether, and retire to play golf for the rest of his life.. He's simply too immersed in film. Perhaps his teaser about ceasing movie making was just a PR ploy...

~Doc

Start watching from 2:50
Thanks for the clip MJF. That must have been from 3-4 years ago, and he didn't sound like he planned to really stick to the "10 film" framework. I think he's got another 15-20 years of film in him..

Is there a link to an interview where QT has gone on record that he's planning to stop after 10 films? In addition to the Cohen interview re a Kill Bill followup, he'd stated earlier this year that he'd picked Jerrod Carmichael to co-write a film adaptation based on the Django/Zorro crossover comic book series.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where, at aged 56, QT would just cease film making altogether, and retire to play golf for the rest of his life.. He's simply too immersed in film. Perhaps his teaser about ceasing movie making was just a PR ploy...

~Doc
It seems very unlikely to me at this stage given that he's coming off of one of his greatest successes, it maybe sounded somewhat realistic in the 00's around the Kill Bills and Death Proof but from Inglorious Basterds onwards he's been on the up and will probably have little trouble getting $100 million for anything somewhat commercial.

As to what it might be I wouldn't bank on any sequels, he's been talking about such films since the 90's and none of them have happened. Coul;d probably go either way, either more towards down to earth drama or a return to something larger than life.

Honestly I would like to see him try something that really pushes the boat out visually OUATIH along with the early parts of Hateful Eight I think showed he does have very significant talent here.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He's mentioned several times he wants to branch out to other mediums. So we could see a Tarantino novel, stage-play...maybe more scripts but no directing.

Loved Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Hope he makes Kill Bill 3.

He hasn't done anything good in the last decade so I'm not expecting much.
Tarantino's films in the last decade:
Inglourious Basterds
Django Unchained
The Hateful Eight
Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Yeah, you got a point. He hasn't done anything good in the last decade

Come on! Seriously?!