Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Zombieland -

Do I really want to dredge up that extremely negative and exhausting discourse from when this cracked the top 100 horrors list?

WARNING: "." spoilers below
of f*cking course I do

Zombieland -

Do I really want to dredge up that extremely negative and exhausting discourse from when this cracked the top 100 horrors list?

WARNING: "." spoilers below
of f*cking course I do
I can see why you'd take issue with it being in a Horror list but it's a great film .

The hell it is. The real question will be if the sequel somehow manages to be worse.
Well it made me laugh anyway. Also I liked the use of the many rules on screen to go with the action.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★
It's disturbing to see Mishima doing Seppuku, since we know he actually killed himself that same way 4 years later. Also, in 1969 he does seppuku in Hideo Gosha's Hitokiri, another very terrifying experience.

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

Watched on the flight to Atlanta.

If you're able to watch this movie with an open mind and not get hung up on "unrealistic aspects" then it's extremely enjoyable. It was a well-cast film and they did a great job telling two parallel stories at the same time. I had a lot of fun watching this and was entertained throughout the entire film. Boyd Parker

Game Night (2018)

L'antre de la sorcičre [The Bewitched Shepherd] (Segundo de Chomón, 1906)
+
La maison ensorcelée [The Haunted House aka The House Of Ghosts] (Segundo de Chomón, 1906)

A pair of supernatural shorts, neither particularly magic though the second does have the odd moment

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

The VelociPastor

This is the instant "so bad it's good" cult classic of 2019! After going to China on a spiritual quest, a priest finds himself the keeper of a power that turns him into a dinosaur and killing criminals. The last act was heavily influenced by the 1986 B-movie cult classic Miami Connection, except replace martial arts rock band with well, our titular hero with some twists.

Exit

When a disgruntled chemist unleashes a deadly toxin in the city, a 70th birthday party is in serious jeopardy. The birthday woman's deadbeat son teams up with the restaurant vice manager as the others successfully escape via chopper to find a way to escape the toxin while the government tracks down the chemist and find a way to neutralize the gas. Great performance by Cho Jung-Suk, who plays the unlikeliest of heroes, whose passion happens to be a skill he'll need to survive: rock climbing.

ghost dog: the way of the samurai - 1999

the cultural diversity in this movie is outstanding,
an african american who lives by japonese samurai codes,
an italian american wise guy that's stereotypical racist but likes the public enemies,
two best friends that don't speak the same language but understand each other perfectly
this movie had a subtle humor, mainly the stereotypes and the killings
the soundtrack by the great rza is perfect, a mix of two cultures

night on earth - 1991

no one films the streets like jarmusch, he depicts the essence of every city, every street corner
most films cut certain scenes, jarmusch makes an entire movies out of them,
another cultural masterpiece with humor, laughing out loud funny humor and tragedy
jarmusch gives light to a invisibility, that invisibility is beginning of my greatest curiosity
i'll quote a new york chess vendor that i liked very much and i think it's very related-

at night, this,
whatever this material that
gives us this blackness around,
it's a nice companion
in a city like new york,
when it's hustle and bustle,
and millions of people
here you are the king of the night,
in the store
outside you are the king of the city

and now you see
each street