Things that annoy you...

Tools    

People who drive in parks annoy me. Connecticut folks who can’t part with their car keys for 5 minutes. Park your darn car outside the park & get your fat ass moving.

As a child I seemed always to be stumbling into nettles. SO painful! As an adult I have never come across nettles.

Nettles were a daily thing for me growing up. I once stuffed a bunch inside my brother's sheets. Cant blame me though he shot me in the foot with a 22 earlier. I still have the scar.

Should rename this thread to Things that really nettle you...

Personally I think the nectar in the nettle flowers is lovely and sweet.

Leave the nettles! Butterflies love them.

When I was about eight years old I was standing on top of a three or so metre high cut tree trunk showing off and then caught my foot on something and fell off head first into all the nettles below it, a lot of nettles! fabulous.

Dealing with this right now:

Fortunately, the way I hold the wheel blocks this annoying little light from my sight most of the time.

Unfortunately, the way I hold the wheel doesn't block this one:

I can live without ABS. The SES is a bit troublesome. Both annoy me.

When people I don’t know or don’t like try to contact me online. Usually it’s strangers from the Facebook groups I’m in, but sometimes it’s people from my past.

Got a message on Facebook from a former friend. All it said was “Howdy”

It’s been a long damn time since I talked to this guy. Probably ten years. And when I say “former friend” I don’t mean someone I drifted away from. This person and I had a nasty falling out that involved me filing a lawsuit against him (he borrowed a large sum of money that he didn’t pay back until I got the law involved) after which he left a note in my mailbox trying to guilt trip me and make me out to be the bad guy. Then he left the state and I’ve not seen him since.

What the hell does he think is going to happen? That I’m just going to be like “Hey, man. How’ve you been?

What he’s going to get is ignored. If he tries again he’ll get blocked.

Weird is relative.
@Miss Vicky That's weird that he would just show up out of the blue. Why wouldn't he pay you back? Was he an ex trying to spite you?

@Miss Vicky That's weird that he would just show up out of the blue. Why wouldn't he pay you back? Was he an ex trying to spite you?
Not an ex.

He's just a self -absorbed, lying a**hole. He kept making BS excuses. I don't even remember what they all were. But a few months after I loaned it to him, I asked him to start paying it back. I wasn't expecting him to pay the entire sum right away - I would've been fine with like $20 here and there - I just needed him to give me something to show me his word was good, especially since at that point he'd moved to another city and I wasn't seeing him very much anymore.

We have a mutual friend who has kept in touch with him over the years and she says he hasn't changed and she still never knows if the things he says to her are truth or lies.

Well unless he's going through some sort of personal redemption of character @Miss Vicky -and it's unlikely as your friend says he hasn't changed - it's wise to stay away. Probably just trying to get more money ( or something) from you- figures he fooled you once.

he borrowed a large sum of money that he didn’t pay back until I got the law involved
As Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet, neither a lender nor a borrower be. Good advice to this day.

I have another quote. "Don't lend money to friends -- it causes amnesia."

I swear that's true!
More or less what Shakespeare was saying. If you lend money you’ll never get it back & it will ruin a friendship. And if you borrow money you’ll never learn “to cut your coat according to your cloth”, as Shakespeare also said in the same speech. (Father to son.)

More or less what Shakespeare was saying. If you lend money you’ll never get it back & it will ruin a friendship. And if you borrow money you’ll never learn “to cut your coat according to your cloth”, as Shakespeare also said in the same speech. (Father to son.)
And then there's the Bronx Tale philosophy on lending...

It does make sense. This young guy was in The Sopranos & ended up, IIRC, in prison for housebreaking. He was also troublesome on The Sopranos set for not being prepared.

It does make sense. This young guy was in The Sopranos & ended up, IIRC, in prison for housebreaking. He was also troublesome on The Sopranos set for not being prepared.
Yeah, the robbery Lilo Brancato was involved in was stopped by a cop and a gun battle ensued. The guy Lilo was with shot the cop who died of his injuries (the shooter is serving life). Brancato was hit with a bullet the cop had fired, but was not seriously wounded. He served 10 years in jail for attempted burglary and was released in 2013.

Just hate stupid people with their stupid way of life such as being an ******** in every suitable moment of my life, telling me that I must marry because what the other people will think!! "You offenced me!" Honey, if you choose the way you feel, it's only your problem. "Don't be so boring!" I'm not guilty on that that people can't just shut up and let me to read my book. "Don't tell me such terrible things!" - you told me that I can to be honest with you, so what's the problem? Oh, I can relate to your post, dear. I will kill for the last piece pf a cake, because I want it always!