Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Snooze factor = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Broadway talkie vsn (Pál Fejös, 1929)

Perhaps appropriately somewhat stagey

Arctic (2018)

Arctic is a fun survival film to watch, if you like those kinds of movies and I do. Its all about Mads Mikkelsen who's survived a plane crash in the arctic and is stuck there. The fun part is you can image what survival steps you'd take if you were in Mads' shoes. Hopefully your toes would look better than his did! Lots of nice scenery as it's filmed in Iceland. Thanks @MovieGal for telling me about this.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	55772  

Maren Ade (Toni Erdmann) has made 3 movies so far & I like each one. This is her 2nd movie. Very very talky (in the French style), but I’ve seen it twice & enjoyed it.

Not as nutty a movie as Almodóvar sometimes makes. A movie at 1 hour + 39 mins that seemed much longer. I enjoyed it though as I like to see how they live in Spain.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Hollow man (2000)

2 out of 10 pocorn kernels

Terrible movie, cheap characters, no buildup, no action or cleverness. Filled with unneeded sex.

Pretty perverted movie writer had one thing on his mind. Was pretty dang boring.

Midsommar (2019)

7/10

Beautiful cinematography and an experience that definitely left an impact on me. However, it was less scary than I thought it would be and a lot of build up that unfortunately failed to deliver a satisfying climax.

bowling for columbine - 2002

moore: what would you say to the kids from colombine if they were here today?
manson: i wouldn't say anything. i would listen to what they had to say, and that's what no one did.

people see marilyn manson as a crazy mother-f
then they hear him talk and they realize his sane as a mother-f

Possession (1981, Andrzej Zulawski)

What a relentlessly gut-wrenching, frenetic, macabre whirlwind of a movie this is! Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill at the top of their respective games, amazing direction and cinematography, a few iconic, unforgettable scenes that you can't unsee - it's quite a ride, and one you will not easily forget. Bizarre, unbridled masterpiece!

The Mondo Vision bluray looks stunning - highly recommended, if you like the film!

A Taste of Honey (1961)

That's a disappointing reaction – I think it's an excellent film .

Don't Breathe (2016) – 8/10

Read the write-up, noting that A1 character actor Stephen Lang was in it . Saw the first few minutes and liked it: well-filmed, interesting. I taped the rest and was certainly not disappointed. Some things about it reminded me of Girls Against Boys, a film I rate very highly.

The Last Laugh (1924)

From the Ebert List, a simple story that has power and the movie looks good. Emil Jannings is fantastic like usual. Title cards are nonexistent and unneeded. I hated the ending which I believe was tacked on for American audiences. Without it I would've liked it much more.

The Fall of the House of Usher (1928)

Also on the Ebert list and it's only 13 minutes long. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a surreal short. That's not me but it was cool enough to see.

Labyrinth
(1986)
4.5/5

This film is over 30 years old and still considered a great film. It never feels aged and its something someone can watch and feel good.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Mission to Mars (2000)

4/5
This one got a bad rap but personally I really liked this movie visually stunning, great cast , good payoff.