UFOs

Tools    

I think WE are the ETs. If you look across the landscape of humanity as it continuously emerges the idea is unavoidable. Check out Michael Cremo's Forbidden Archaeology for examples of the inaccuracy of our widely accepted timeline(s). It's a long, dry read so you could just look at the very existence of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey if you don't feel like investing the time. Once you can accept that we (currently) are only another iteration vs 'The Pinnacle' of all that lies in the past it's an easier task to connect the dots.
I watched several seasons of Ancient Aliens.
The show had an overtly stated theory and thus an agenda to promote its hypothesis that it didn't try to hide (so it wasn't trying to come off as one of those fake documentaries the History Channel also produced), but its production values, camera work, global locations and references to actual history made it worth watching. But after a couple years, it became a bit redundant.

There are so many structural mysteries of the ancient world where we don't know how they did it - and it seems they either had methods or technologies we are not aware of and which there are no records for or remnants of. Or... they had help from something or someone much more advanced.

About 80% of that show gleans its content from Sitchin who actually did unravel a lot of mysteries surrounding the Sumerians. That aside, and bottom line, there are numerous, serious anomalies in the scientific record that point to an older and wiser earth before our collective time. I'm not so much in the camp that 'we' had outside help - but rather that people like us date much farther back than what is currently accepted.

.... I'm not so much in the camp that 'we' had outside help - but rather that people like us date much farther back than what is currently accepted.
I can agree with that. I also think ancient cultures were much more advanced than we think. No I don't mean they had ipods or anything like that, but the common belief is that that they were primitive and I don't think so.

Yes. I've been amazed sometimes visiting historical sites (even ones as recent as colonial Williamsburg) and learning about mankind's ability to innovate. Coming from a post-industrial age that now depends on electronic technology, my mind just would never be able to conceive of things our ancestors came up with.

I've been blown away by what our forerunners could come up with. Even though I'm fairly "bright," I wouldn't, in a million years, be able to even conceive of some of these things unless maybe such ideas as engineering and construction had been instilled in me from a young age.

One idea that still boggles me is there is no evidence that Meso-Americans (natives before the arrival of Europeans) ever used the wheel. And yet it's not like the concept was unknown to them as there are ancient children's toys that have been found with wheels on them. BUT - they somehow built gigantic, bustling cities, monumental pyramids, mounds, temples and humongous stone structures - how did they do all this without the most basic tool: the wheel?

Logs, they used logs as rollers. That's my guess.
Good guess.
Log rolling is a good method to move big & heavy stuff, but what about simple rocks and dirt, whatever they used to make mortar, jugs of water, grain, food?
A wheel barrow (or derivations thereof, big or small) is on every construction site. The Meso-Americans moved tons and tons of dirt and rocks among other materials. I suppose you could load them into a big box and log roll them, but what if you were working in one area and asked a guy to bring you like 16 bricks - too many to carry, but not enough to construct a whole log-roll operation to move. You'd need a wheel barrow.

Some interesting sites on the subject...

https://www.zoesaadia.com/real-smart...-but-no-wheel/
https://www.crystalinks.com/pyramidmesoamerica.html

I'm open to the idea that ancient people had help from aliens. But major structures of ancient days were not necessarily impossible without modern tools, just very difficult. Here's an article from History.com with theories about Stonehenge.

https://www.history.com/news/solving...s-construction

Good guess.
Log rolling is a good method to move big & heavy stuff, but what about simple rocks and dirt, whatever they used to make mortar, jugs of water, grain, food?
They might have used heavy carts on log rollers, or in the case of earth work mounds, people power. 1000s of people hulling baskets of dirt on their backs for 100s of years could build giant earth works. Time is one powerful tool.

Good point, Citizen Rules. That's always the conundrum. If you believe in God, then how did God come to be? If you believe the Big Bang Theory (and that doesn't necessarily conflict with God if you have an open mind), then what spurred it?

Good point, Citizen Rules. That's always the conundrum. If you believe in God, then how did God come to be? If you believe the Big Bang Theory (and that doesn't necessarily conflict with God if you have an open mind), then what spurred it?
The Big Bang is self regenerating, in a never ending cycle, that's what I believe. Everything in nature regenerates in one way or another and physics state that energy/matter can not be created or destroyed, only transmuted. Scientist believe that at the heart of every galaxy is a large black hole that pulls in surrounding matter, compressing that matter. It appears the universe is expanding from the initial Big Bang, but what would check that never ending expansion? Eventually the momentum of the Big Bang is overcome by the gravitational attraction that all matter exhibits. As more and more matter finds its way into these black holes, the matter is crushed down to an infinitesimally small size. Once all the matter in the universe is compacted from black holes, the resulting forces in that mass would have enough energy to 'explode' back into 'normal space' thus giving birth to a regenerated universe via another Big Bang. Well, that's what I think anyway.

Yes and I have vast amounts of evidence, all my photos and film footage are unfortunately blurry but you can make out this disc shape...

Really, I believe there is something out there, they just don't want to come anywhere near our planet and I don't blame them.

RE: Pyramids

Log rollers don't work particularly well in the sand ... or in the desert where there aren't trees to make log rollers from. Also doesn't account for hoisting railroad car sized rocks 400' into the air. Maybe with ramps? No evidence of ramps - they would have been colossal. Even if you could explain the construction... you have to get those rocks from somewhere. There are quarries, but nothing to service the volume necessary for the pyramids. Solve that problem and then you have to explain how they managed to cut rocks at perfect angles and fit them together with such precision that a sheet of paper can't fit between the joints. How did they level the site(s) to support all of the weight? What about the perfectly cut shafts (perfect meaning 90 degree angles)? The more you read the weirder it all gets.

RE: Pyramids
Log rollers don't work particularly well in the sand ... or in the desert where there aren't trees to make log rollers from. Also doesn't account for hoisting railroad car sized rocks 400' into the air. Maybe with ramps? No evidence of ramps - they would have been colossal. Even if you could explain the construction... you have to get those rocks from somewhere. There are quarries, but nothing to service the volume necessary for the pyramids. Solve that problem and then you have to explain how they managed to cut rocks at perfect angles and fit them together with such precision that a sheet of paper can't fit between the joints. How did they level the site(s) to support all of the weight? What about the perfectly cut shafts (perfect meaning 90 degree angles)? The more you read the weirder it all gets.
Some scientists believe --and have found supporting evidence-- that the blocks, especially the upper blocks, were cast rather than quarried, using a primitive form of concrete:

https://www.livescience.com/1554-sur...ids-built.html

Yet other scientists disagree with this. I did see a doc that showed how it's possible to move gigantic blocks with relatively small manpower by sliding them on wet sand. Of course that wouldn't explain how they were raised and placed dozens or hundreds of feet in the air. So the cast concrete theory is alluring...

~Doc

I’ve heard the theory. I certainly don’t claim to be an expert. That said, I did work construction for 11 years before becoming a computer geek. My brother is still a project engineer for a large concrete contractor (they specialize in stadiums and high rises) and pouring in place still has mountains of logistics to deal with. What might they have built forms with for example... and what might they use to hold the forms together? How did they pump the slurry from the mixing point to the forms? Presumably at least each ‘rock’ would have to be of the same mix or striation would be obvious. Even if that theory held water there’s still the 70 TON (roughly the weight of 17 automobiles) granite slabs 200 feet in the air. Poured ‘rocks’ just creates another set of problems versus offering a solution.

That said, the Egyptians themselves often referred to zep tepi (or those who came before). If it can be accepted that the pyramids were built by a previous civilization (see Graham Hancock and others) then that changes the game as you can begin to add readily available water into the equation.

Here's a doozy. You guys remember that Roswell Alien autopsy footage that was debunked? Well, supposedly there's a CIA scientist who claims it's actually real.

I’ve heard the theory. I certainly don’t claim to be an expert. That said, I did work construction for 11 years before becoming a computer geek. My brother is still a project engineer for a large concrete contractor (they specialize in stadiums and high rises) and pouring in place still has mountains of logistics to deal with. What might they have built forms with for example... and what might they use to hold the forms together? How did they pump the slurry from the mixing point to the forms? Presumably at least each ‘rock’ would have to be of the same mix or striation would be obvious. Even if that theory held water there’s still the 70 TON (roughly the weight of 17 automobiles) granite slabs 200 feet in the air. Poured ‘rocks’ just creates another set of problems versus offering a solution.
Your points are logical, and raise even more questions in an immensely puzzling quandry. But the quarry theory has always made me wonder: why have they never found a single cutting tool? Presumably they would have been made from copper, so many should have been found in excavations.

It's unbelievable that the explanations for the pyramids' construction have not been figured out in modern times!!

~Doc

Presumably they would have been made from copper..
That's an example of how the mainstream scientific community (with regard to Egypt anyway) must limit things to suit their established timelines - grants and such demand it. More recently, interest has turned to a site in Turkey - Gobekli Tepi. It has many of the same features - right angles, carved monoliths, obvious city planning etc - yet it's at least 10k years old. This is well before the mainstream acknowledges the invention of the wheel - or anything beyond rudimentary tool use - but there it is. The cavemen built it? Don't think so!

It's unbelievable that the explanations for the pyramids' construction have not been figured out in modern times!!
I think it boils down to hubris. We believe that with all of our technology we must be the apex of mankind - evolution works that way, right? Nature melds and whittles into better and better forms across time so it makes sense in that light. BUT - what if there were a technologically able civilization prior to the collective 'us' that were wiped out (maybe 13k years ago) and the remnants of that civilization built the monoliths we see today. I suspect the Egyptians moved in to rather than created the Giza complex. Too much points in that direction with more every day. Even the Egyptians themselves referred to it.