Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Who created the snooze factor ratings, genius.
Moi.

Snooze factor = Zzzzz

Film had a lot of problems, apparently including Val Kilmer who couldn't speak during the filming due to cancer treatment, and it showed. Also changed a few things from the book that could have made the film more interesting.

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Hangman's House cut vsn (John Ford, 1928)
+
Quite a noose watch even if the plot is a bit of a stretch at times

Unregistered User

The Housemaid (2016)

Kind of what you would now come to expect from a Korean thriller, great visuals and set design, solid acting and a tense atmosphere throughout.

The Housemaid (2016)

Kind of what you would now come to expect from a Korean thriller, great visuals and set design, solid acting and a tense atmosphere throughout.

Have you seen the original 1960 version Sam? Worth a watch as well if you haven't already imo.

Unregistered User
Have you seen the original 1960 version Sam? Worth a watch as well if you haven't already imo.

Not yet Chyp but its been on my watchlist for quite some time. Good to hear you enjoyed it, I'll hopefully get to it soon.

It's Paul Brickman's stylish direction and intelligent screenplay that anchor this instant classic. This film has more wit and sophistication than all of the other 80's teen comedies put together...not to mention Tom Cruise in his tidy whities.

Heimkehr [Homecoming] original vsn (Joe May, 1928)
+
A decent return for one's viewing investment imo

Film had a lot of problems, apparently including Val Kilmer who couldn't speak during the filming due to cancer treatment, and it showed. Also changed a few things from the book that could have made the film more interesting.
I couldn’t finish this movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Battle of Algiers - 10/10
This is the first movie I've watched with my mom. I had a few errands near her house, and I said I'd come over if she'd watch this. Reading isn't her forte, so I had to read the subtitles aloud for her.

Lo Chiameremo Andrea - 6/10
This is the first movie I had to watch without subtitles. My Italian is much better than I thought. This is on YouTube if anyone might be interested. This is the 22nd movie De Sica (my favorite) directed that I've seen, but De Sica has about 10 masterpieces I'd check out first.

The Battle of Algiers - 10/10
This is the first movie I've watched with my mom. I had a few errands near her house, and I said I'd come over if she'd watch this. Reading isn't her forte, so I had to read the subtitles aloud for her.
i don't know why but i don't like to watch movies with people around
maybe because i can't focus, or because i don't know what kind of scenes the movie might have
i'm watching true detectives season one with my mother, she keeps asking who killed the girl

i don't know why but i don't like to watch movies with people around
maybe because i can't focus, or because i don't know what kind of scenes the movie might have
i'm watching true detectives season one with my mother, she keeps asking who killed the girl
I'm the same way.. But I saw "The Battle of Algiers" many times in the last 20 years, and knew I'd have to explain it... For 99.9% of the time, I watch them alone for the same reasons you mentioned.

Welcome to the human race...
Spider-Man: Homecoming -

perhaps the most perfectly average MCU movie