Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Unregistered User
I agree with you about the great Alastair Sim.

If you haven't seen it, you MUST watch The Green Man (1956), starring Sim, George Cole and Terry-Thomas!

Seen it and liked it quite a bit doc. Probably deserves a rewatch actually.

All Hallows' Eve (Damien Leone, 2013)
+
Only one half-decent segment really, yet strangely watchable imo

Unregistered User

The Consequences of Love (2004)

My third from Sorrentino and all 3 have been excellent. Might be a stretch to call it a mafia film with a difference but we'll run with that. Sorrentino favourite Toni Servillo brilliantly plays the main character Titta, a loner with a dark past. The camera work is amazing and its such a stylish movie right up until the end, which feels a bit random. Good movie though.

This 52 year old comedy still provides solid entertainment thanks to a sophisticated and witty screenplay by future TV icon Norman Lear, sharp direction by Bud Yorkin, and terrific performances from Dick Van Dyke, Debbie Reynolds, and Jason Robards...Van Dyke is a real eye-opener here, nailing a character who is light years away from Rob Petrie and Bert the Chimney Sweep. This was actually his first post-Rob Petrie film project.

Der müde Tod [Destiny] (Fritz Lang, 1921)

One for Harryhausenites (I just made that word up)

Snooze factor = Zzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Who created the snooze factor ratings, genius.

Dawn of the dead (2004)

Difficult to remake what many people view is a truly great movie. George Romero knew a thing or two about making zombie movies (I need to watch the trilogy again) I imagine he was taken back by how good this was. I’ve no embarrassment in saying this is the greatest zombie movie I’ve viewed. Character arcs, difficult situations that would definitely occur, lots of shotguns, sprinter zombies, and of course the zombie celebrity lookalike gets shot by a sniper mini game. 9/10

The Boxer (Jim Sheridan, 1997)
+
Fairly orthodox but does avoid getting into a clinch too often

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Game Over

Struggling ex-con enters street fight competition to earn $100,000 to start better life. Fights are pretty good and lead character is good as we even get to tap into his mind. The end was a bit of a letdown but redeems itself in a twist that was unexpected.

Deadsight

Better than I expected. A blind man (no, don't think Bird Box) and an expecting police officer find themselves working together to survive a zombie outbreak in their small Ontario community. Good job from the leads Liv Collins and Adam Seybold.

The Commuter [2018] ⭐️⭐️

Liam Neeson stars in this action thriller, as an insurance salesman who is caught up in a criminal conspiracy on his commute home from work. I thought this film showed some promise in the first 30 minutes. Neeson's character seemed to get a bit of development and the mystery woman on the train provided a good level of intrigue but unfortunately, I thought the film fell apart from that point.

I didn't find the plot engaging and the middle part of the film was a bit dull. I found it hard to muster any enthusiasm for the other commuters we got to know and who out of them were the possible suspect/witness. And Neeson striding up and down the train got a bit repetitive. There were a couple of good action scenes but it just didn't live up to my expectations.

Oh I remember thinking that was awful when I saw it years ago.