The MoFo Obituary

Tools    

What an excellent day for an exorcism
A thread to post sincere or humorous obituaries of the dearly departed.

For example, sincere.......

The passing of David Bowie in 2016

David Bowie 1947 - 2016

For example, humorous......

Sad news. . . I regret to report that my door nail passed away yesterday. I tried to revive it, but it is definitely dead. I would describe exactly how dead it is, like, "it's dead as a......", but nothing comes to mind.

I didn't think a thread with this title would have me lol but you sure did @SFMZone .

So I hope we can keep to the humor theme, and here's my take on the most recent passing I have observed:

My waitress kept me waiting bout 15 minutes til she asked for my order , and for a half hour til she brought my food. During my unanticipated afternoon spent in this establishment the following ensued:

I asked for butter for the rolls. She said there already was butter on the rolls. There was not of course. Finally another waitress brought me some butter , though it was after I had eaten my roll.

Dressing on the side please. Yes of course the salad came swimming in its own private jacuzzi of dressing.

Water . Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink , at my table anyway.

Could you please bring the bill with the meal as I have an upcoming appointment ? Ah if only I had asked for the bill to be delivered by the post office, or the now defunct pony express, as it would have arrived sooner.

Can you tell me where the restroom is? Apparently this lady has an apartment above the restaurant where she takes care of these things, as she didn't know.

Why ask how everything is going at this table if you are speeding past as if on a drive by ?

Finally I gave her a tip , yes I did , which I made her aware of as I handed her a large bill for the main tab, but even so she kept all the change - adding to her own tip -and no, I didn't let her get away with that one!

So the demise of civility and competence, the foundation of human interaction and the very end of civilization as we now know it has ensued - and it all started right there at Red Lobster.

Be forewarned......and be afraid, be very afraid .

PS - Who designs those salt shakers ?
The Marquis de Sade ? You need a degree in mechanical engineering to work one.

Is there any thread for MOFOs who passed away ?
I fully intend to start my own when that time comes.

Is there any thread for MOFOs who passed away ?
Not really. One for Deadite, I think, because we heard about that specifically. But it's obviously rare to know, for sure, someone has passed away, since it's not the kind of thing where family members take over and inform everyone.

Interesting to think how that might evolve, socially. I can imagine in another decade, it might be standard to leave your passwords somewhere so your family can tell people when this happens.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Not really. One for Deadite, I think, because we heard about that specifically. But it's obviously rare to know, for sure, someone has passed away, since it's not the kind of thing where family members take over and inform everyone.

Interesting to think how that might evolve, socially. I can imagine in another decade, it might be standard to leave your passwords somewhere so your family can tell people when this happens.
I'm already pre-thinking this one. Although right now, it's mostly putting the password to my main computer in my Word-document will... so that someone could at least log onto my computer and probably access all the many bookmarked spots I visit that would auto-log me in from this computer.