What are these movies? Minimal, vague descriptions.

Tools    

Hi everyone, new here. Just looking to see if someone can possibly help identify these 2 films, with very little description(I sometimes wonder if I'm imagining them lol). I dont even necessarily want to watch them again, just really annoying me that I cant recall them nor find anything on them.

The 1st I recall is possibly a horror, and If im correct about a witch.
When I say minimal description, I mean minimal.
All that I recall is the ending, in which I believe I recall a mother and son believe they have just escaped and survived whatever ordeal they had been through, and they ventured out wherever they were going. I seem to remember them in a horse drawn carriage, going about their life, when a tree falls down and kills them both.
That is all I recall, if anyones got any ideas that'd be great.

The second again I believe is a horror, and I think my description is going to be even more vague so really hoping theres some real film enthusiasts here lol.
All I recall from this film is a group of teens or possibly young adults, are in quite an isolated woodland area, either staying at a family members house, or a house they have just stumbled across on whatever travels they were on. the immediate area surrounding the house is quite open, but located in woods i believe, and there may be a lake. The only definitive thing I remember about this film is that they end up going under ground, into either a cave or tunnel system and if I call correctly thats when things go south.

This is all I can recall of these movies, no other plot points, nothing specific apart from what is stated. If anyone knows what these films are, or has an idea, and input would be highly appreciated, just for peace of mind and clarity, feel im losing it lol.

Thanks in advance.

The second again I believe is a horror, and I think my description is going to be even more vague so really hoping theres some real film enthusiasts here lol.
All I recall from this film is a group of teens or possibly young adults, are in quite an isolated woodland area, either staying at a family members house, or a house they have just stumbled across on whatever travels they were on. the immediate area surrounding the house is quite open, but located in woods i believe, and there may be a lake. The only definitive thing I remember about this film is that they end up going under ground, into either a cave or tunnel system and if I call correctly thats when things go south.

The only one I can think of is 'The Descent' (2005)

Thanks to you both but it isn't either of these. Ill keep hopelessly searching lol.

I doubt the second one is Them [Ils] (2006) but that does involves tunnels in the latter part.

I doubt the second one is Them [Ils] (2006) but that does involves tunnels in the latter part.

Ill have a look, many thanks.

Negative on that, will have to give that a watch though lol

Following on from Chyp's guess, another French horror, its not Frontier(s), is it?
Looks good but not the one. Thank you though. Really bugging me.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@levi1197
  • About what year do you think you watched them?
  • What format did you watch? Theater, TV, VHS, DVD, streaming?
  • Color or black and white?
  • Do you remember anything that might help it stand out? For example: language, accents, setting of the film (were characters living in 2003 or 1873?), fashion, any humor, any visible blood, etc.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

• About what year do you think you watched them?
  • What format did you watch? Theater, TV, VHS, DVD, streaming?
  • Color or black and white?
  • Do you remember anything that might help it stand out? For example: language, accents, setting of the film (were characters living in 2003 or 1873?), fashion, any humor, any visible blood, etc.
[/quote]
Theyd have both been watched within the past 7 years.
The 1st I believe we watched in college, I imagine on DVD.
The 2nd was almost certainly streamed, but not sure on what service.
Both would have been colour.
100% english language both of them
The 1st im inclined to say was set probably early/mid 20th century.
The 2nd was probably set in the time it was released so 21st century.
I believe england
and USA respectively. 100% certain that the second is somewhere in the usa, and the 1st id say 90%england.
aside from that i've no other specifics.

I'm not sure if it ends the way you described but is is The Witches?
Thankyou but thats a no, those witches and their noses traumatized me as a c child lol.

First one sotra sounds like The Woman In Black. There are two versions. The newest one with 'Harry Potter'. The witch kills his family in revenge. But it also sounds a little different. As I recall the first movie has a branch fall on their canoe. I never saw the newer one.

First one sotra sounds like The Woman In Black. There are two versions. The newest one with 'Harry Potter'. The witch kills his family in revenge. But it also sounds a little different. As I recall the first movie has a branch fall on their canoe. I never saw the newer one.

Yes I recall the original and they're on the lake when the tree falls, but almost certain the film im thinking of they are in a carriage. I am going to rewatch the original woman in black because im thinking maybe I am piecing 2 parts together, the ending, and maybe a part where they're in a carriage, if so, the mind is a crazy thing lol. I will update. thankyou

Make a better place
It's a long shot but try Open Grave 2013 for the second one

The second one with tunnels and stuff, isn't The Hole (2001) is it?
based on my description thats a good recommendation, but not the one. thankyou.

It's a long shot but try Open Grave 2013 for the second one

Can see the similarities from my description but thats not the one. thankyou for your efforts though.

Just like to thank everyone whos commented for their efforts.