Let's talk about suits

Tools    

I've seen people at nice affairs where many come dressed as if they just took a break from yard work: T-shirts, baggy shorts, and those idiotic flip-flops.. What is being worn is mirroring societal decay.
Not judging them, but am always slightly surprised by what some people wear to Sunday Mass.

This is why I like phone calls. Terribly 20th century I know, but back in the age of steam locomotives and T. Rex, one would simply call up (as opposed to text, email, Facebook, Twitter etc. et al) one's friend/relative/work buddy and say- "Hey Harrison* , what exactly should I be wearing to your wedding? A tux? Bermuda shorts? Something in between?"

I tend to agree with Doc that most places you go these day, people don't really care what they wear.
People wear the same shorts and t shirts at the beach or in church, on vacation or in town. ( I can only imagine the Doc in the philharmonic as the epitome of sartorial splendor. ) So for me, personally , I have always felt a man looks his best in a three piece suit.

Well no matter Yoda, you're got a suit - and even if you worry that you're not wearing the exact 'perfect ' ensemble, no one will really care- the attention will be on the happy couple. If you already have a dark suit, you may want to bring it along as a back up . I do think, however, that you and your wife both wearing blue sounds like you' ll be a striking looking couple.

Don't fuss and worry too much either- have a good time - you can always fill out those armholes as you go along with some extra wedding cake

*Oh and I only mentioned Harrison Ford because, after all - this is mofo.

Not judging them, but am always slightly surprised by what some people wear to Sunday Mass.
Stirch-- I, for one, welcome you to make any judgements you'd like. They used to call it "having an opinion"...

~Doc

I have got only two suits

India has hot climate and chances of getting to wear suits are less .

Here's a photo of me wearing a suit , but it was too hot to wear a tie .

Wearing the same suit but added saffron turban to add Indian/Hindu touch .

I have got only two suits

India has hot climate and chances of getting to wear suits are less .
Here's a photo of me wearing a suit , but it was too hot to wear a tie .
Very practical. You look like a distinguished college professor.

The climate here in coastal Mississippi is also too hot and humid to wear jackets and ties, although air conditioning is ubiquitous. Still, I get dressed appropriately for serious affairs. Many businessmen eschew the jacket, and instead wear a starched dress shirt with a tie.

~Doc

The suit is here.

The hair is cut.

The flight is tomorrow.

The die is cast.
And there must be a photo for us coming down the pike?

I'm scrambling to get ready for the flight, but at minimum I'll get a photo while we're there! Odds are good we'll be in a lot of wedding photos, too, which I have to imagine will be plentiful given how swanky the whole thing looks to be.

Yes, we’d love to see a wedding photo. I didn’t mean a photo pre-wedding. Enjoy your new outfit! And haircut.

I'm scrambling to get ready for the flight, but at minimum I'll get a photo while we're there! Odds are good we'll be in a lot of wedding photos, too, which I have to imagine will be plentiful given how swanky the whole thing looks to be.

Have a great time - we will wait here patiently
( or not so patiently ) to see how you look in those wedding pics.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hey, we still don't have any suit pictures. I came here to MoFo just now -- while I'm at a conference, no less -- to see if there were suit pictures! Harrumph!

No wedding pictures yet! Maybe they'll be awhile, I dunno. I'll throw the suit back on and have Courtney take a picture in the next day or two if they don't post any.

No wedding pictures yet! Maybe they'll be awhile, I dunno. I'll throw the suit back on and have Courtney take a picture in the next day or two if they don't post any.
Important thing is - are you enjoying yourself?

Yes! I was a little aggressive with the sizing, knowing/expecting I'll keep losing weight this year, so the pants were a little on the tight side, but it worked out fine. I was moderately comfortable and was, in the end, really happy with how it looked. I still might have the jacket taken in a little, but it looked better than I'd expected based on the initial try-on.

It cost a fair bit, to be sure, but I'm definitely happy with the result, and it feels good to know I have that option ready for any other fancy events or TV tapings. Very likely I'll get another suit (probably charcoal) after awhile to compliment it.

Paces....sits down and up and down again......sneezes once or twice ....or was that a cough ......well if it wasn't a cough, it certainly was a lugubrious sigh..... ...crosses arms then uncrosses them, not wanting to come off as a bad sport.

Shifts in chair.

Not wanting to pressure you much about THE SUIT Yoda, but
your anxious public awaits

(. )