Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My Cousin Vinny - 1992

Feel like you couldn't make this in today's climate.
Must be a lack of artistic integrity. I think if "god" gave directors 8% freedom, they'd still only use 3%.

Good movie. Nicole Kidman at age 33 or so was very beautiful. Hair, skin, figure, all lovely.

Concussion (Peter Landesman)
+
A movie about butting heads with the NFL

Captive State 2019

Escape Room 2019

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
La Collectionneuse (Eric Rohmer, 1967)

A charming film that represents all my favourite aspects from the Nouvelle Vague movement.
It reflects on the power of femmes fatales and how one can aspire to free himself from that attraction. It has tons of interesting dialogues and a very interesting ending! It made me curious to check more by Rohmer.

Unregistered User

Climax (2018)

Gaspar Noe is a director who's films I always get excited about just before it starts. Even if the quality of the film itself doesn't stand out, you can be sure it'll stick it your mind for some time. Climax might actually be my favourite of his so far, although I need to see I Stand Alone again. It felt like a psychedelic assault of the senses with violence, drugs, suspense, amazing visuals and a perfect techno score. Its a simple plot and the setting takes place in a dancehall full of some madly talented individuals.

This was interesting. It's kind of a documentary with reenactments. Silent films are a mixed bag for me. Either I get into them right away or I don't get into them at all. Haxan grabbed me right from the start. It goes through the history of witchcraft, witch hunters and how "witches" were tortured to confess and finally then murdered. Some of the fx (no cgi) were very well done. Also had some good music most notably Moonlight Sonata and the song from the Bugs Bunny classic What's Opera Doc?

I may be done with the series. It wasn't a bad movie, has tons of pretty good action sequences (the motorcycle chase was outstanding), it's just that Ethan Hunt... It's like if I had to choose my destroyer ala Ghostbusters, I'd hope the Terminator pops into my head before Ethan Hunt.

1st Re-watch...even better than I remembered...this is an extraordinary piece of filmmaking, one of the most deserving Best Picture and Best Director Oscar winners ever,,,Alejandro G. Iñárritu's screenplay and camera work are like nothing I have ever experienced...he has perfected the art of the steady cam to the point that it challenges Hitchcock and De Palma...and though I have never seen The Theory of Everything, I refuse to believe that Eddie Redmayne was better than Michael Keaton in a performance for which I am at a loss for words, he is absolutely mesmerizing, one of the best lead performances of the decade. Big shout out to Edward Norton for his dazzling performance as an arrogant method actor and Emma Stone, who I also think was robbed of the Best Supporting Actress Oscar...her Oscar for La La Land had to be a consolation prize for losing here, she has never been better. Upping my original rating.

Häxan (Benjamin Christensen, 1922)

Makes being a witch look too easy when a so-called 'difficult spell' turns out to be a piece of piss though

I may be done with the series. It wasn't a bad movie, has tons of pretty good action sequences (the motorcycle chase was outstanding), it's just that Ethan Hunt... It's like if I had to choose my destroyer ala Ghostbusters, I'd hope the Terminator pops into my head before Ethan Hunt.
I couldn’t finish it. Thought the one prior was much better.

[quote=Gideon58;2017660]

Probably un-makeable Gideon.

Gaspar Noe is a director who's films I always get excited about just before it starts. Even if the quality of the film itself doesn't stand out, you can be sure it'll stick it your mind for some time. Climax might actually be my favourite of his so far, although I need to see I Stand Alone again. It felt like a psychedelic assault of the senses with violence, drugs, suspense, amazing visuals and a perfect techno score. Its a simple plot and the setting takes place in a dancehall full of some madly talented individuals.

[/quote]

On the list TSL.