The Top 10 'best looking movies' of all time

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Let the Corpses Tan is certainly...a choice, though I can't exactly dispute its striking amount of style. That being said, I reckon Suspiria deserves a nod if we're going to ooh and ahh over bold colours.

Let the Corpses Tan is certainly...a choice, though I can't exactly dispute its striking amount of style. That being said, I reckon Suspiria deserves a nod if we're going to ooh and ahh over bold colours.
Agreed. It's pretty memorable.

La La Land in my opinion is one of the most masterful achievements in cinematography in recent years. Breathtaking...

Hmm maybe Mad Max: Fury Road?

Couple of beautifully shot Bollywood movies.

My personal favourite 'Lootera'

A horror movie that took ten years to make, because the director was obsessed with shooting in natural rain and so only shot during the monsoon season 'Tumbbad'.

Sorry, of course, but "Neon demon" is some kind of garbage. Generally about anything.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Locations in the Revenant are off the scale.

New Zealand for LOTR is awesome.

Dr. Zhivago (1965) is another '60s epic that is very easy to look at-- very broad settings and photography, which creates wonderment. The story isn't bad either..

Great thread. I have a few -

Top of my list are the beautiful movies about our planet from Yann - Arthus Bertrand:
Home
Planet Ocean
Bertrand pioneered the use of helicopters in cinematography, which gives his overhead views of forests and migrations an intimate look and feel. Best viewed in widescreen at the theatre, but I am currently watching Terra at home. ( Much astounding beauty in this one, but warning; you may want to become a vegetarian after seeing some footage of the film - which many environmentalists feel would be a good thing for the planet overall)

Tree of Life - Malick - What I loved about the visuals in this film was that the camera snatched moments of the beauty of life as if seized from the mundane routines of everyday living. The sun through the trees. The glittering waves. To me, it reminded me of those unextraordinary moments- when you lean out the car window, driving by the river aglow with sunset; or walking to the supermarket to get that forgotten load of bread and you see a rainbow- when you take a glance and realize how beautiful this world is.

Six Days Seven Nights- Harrison Ford on a tropical island . In his shorts! (lol) Oh yeah, that the film was shot in the primeval island of Kauai, Hawaii is nice too.

Crazy Rich Asians - basically a fun romcom, but I felt I had a nice armchair tour of an exotic locale -and the Asian guyz ( who have thankfully been portrayed more thoughtfully than in the days of Charlie Chan) were also.... easy on the eyes.

Another Harrison Ford movie -
Witness.
The artful and inspiring photography never intruded on the story, but illuminated the beauty and spiritual essence of these 'old-fashioned' people living in a simple and pure existence with the land. Some scenes that still stay in my mind:
Raising of the barn
Rachel washing herself and John Book at the window
The barn with light coming out of the car as the radio comes on
Samuel ringing the bell, and the community coming over the hill to the farm
And the heavenly wind playing over the grasses in the fields.

The Man Who Planted Trees -
an absolutely lovely 'short' - an animated story that is like a watercolor come to life. Starts off spare and simple, and evolves visually to joyous, ephemeral beauty as the touching story unfolds - I would not have seen this film if it had not been recommended on movie reviews ( sorry , forgot the poster) Thank you mofo!

I' m not normally a fan of westerns but True Grit (John Wayne version) lured me in with some nice scenics of Old West vistas.

Heartily agree with OP re:
2001. Still stunning

And finally - yes, it was made many decades before modern sophisticated computer enhanced camera techniques - but I still am mesmerized- and delighted - by:
The Wizard of Oz

This decade...

Hard To Be a God

Under The Skin

The Master

Fury Road: Black and Chrome

Blue Is The Warmest Colour

Rogue One

Ida

Blade Runner 2049

Have to agree with days of heaven

Baaron von Munchausen Gilliam