Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I've still only seen The Conjuring and none of the follow-ons .
You haven't seen any of the Annabell's or The Nun? Or Conjuring 2?

I feel Vera Farmiga is like the new Queen of Horror.. she's Lorraine Warren, the paranormal investigator and Norma Bates, Norman's mother. She's played in several other horror films.

You haven't seen any of the Annabell's or The Nun? Or Conjuring 2?
Not yet. Other things on my plate .

I feel Vera Farmiga is like the new Queen of Horror.. she's Lorraine Warren, the paranormal investigator and Norma Bates, Norman's mother. She's played in several other horror films.
Orphan was a cracker. Yeah I've always liked Vera.

The Bedroom Window (1987)

This is a surprisingly good suspense thriller from a screenplay by Curtis Hanson, who also directed; and stars Steve Guttenberg, Elizabeth McGovern, and Isabelle Huppert.

The picture received and "R" rating, but could more appropriately be rated "PG-13". There are brief scenes of moderate nudity, but they are relatively important, and flow from the plot.

Guttenberg was miscast as the lover of the adulteress wife of his boss. It's difficult to believe him in a serious role. He's best in early Disney comedies. Isabelle Huppert on the other hand is a charismatic and smoldering beauty, who can easily range from good-natured temptress, to femme fatale. It's surprising that we haven't seen more of her in American films. She's a modern version of Marlene Dietrich. And McGovern turns in a very reliable and commendable character part that becomes more important as the story unfolds. What gorgeous light blue eyes she has!

Hanson is very deft at building tension, and in establishing Hitchcockian scenes. He may have been influenced by the master's Rear Window, although this movie is not nearly as confined.

There was no gutter language, and the violence was mild by today's standards. Set in 1987, it was particularly enjoyable to be free of cell phones, and the annoying contemporary habit of spending inordinate amount of time fussing with them.

An overall interesting picture from 30 years ago.

Doc's rating: 7/10

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? (2009)

Strange one this, decent performances but the story is so "wonky" as to only be one of Herzogs. It seems pretty cheaply put together but Shannon is good and it held my interest till the end.

6/10

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Spirited Away -

I'm not made of stone.
Beautiful movie even though I don't like fantasy movies still beautiful

Avengers End Game the latest movie which I have seen and seriously worth watching. Full action packed with all the super hero's really was a good movie with good script. I will rate 9/10

Snooze factor = Zz

Snooze factor = Zzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Weekend re-watches:

This musical has a lot going for it, best of which is a glorious musical score by the late Jonathan Larson.

One of two films in Oscar history to receive 11 nominations and not win a single award...despite that, this is still Herbert Ross' masterpiece...this melodrama of life choices, jealousy, and regret set in the world of contempory ballet features rich performances from Bancroft and MacLaine and has forever preserved on screen the dancing of the incredible Mikhail Baryshnikov.

The most tragically beautiful or beautifully tragic love story ever filmed. The late Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall were both robbed of Oscars. This film gets better every time I watch it and includes my favorite movie kiss ever. The kiss between the leads after not seeing each other for four years is the most passionate movie kiss I have ever seen.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Avengement (Jesse V. Johnson, 2019): The action dream team of action star Scott Adkins and director Jesse V. Johnson offer their latest. Adkins plays Cain Burgess, a London prisoner who while on furlough escapes. Heading to a local members' only pub, he comes face to face with a band of gangsters and he tells the story of how his gangster boss brother set him up to be imprisoned and brutalized. Adkins gets to once again show some action chops, but delves into a slow but smooth transformation from innocent young man to deranged brutal prisoner. Really good use of story mixed in with some grounded action. This is one Adkins films worth checking out.

The most tragically beautiful or beautifully tragic love story ever filmed.
This description is usually for Romeo & Juliet, but, whatever.