Eurovision

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Australia as a bridge from Span to Canada? YES PLEASE
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Nightwish, Within Temptation, EPICA, i wonder why they dont perform in these. They should blow pretty much every pew pew song that is sung in these competitions out of the water. And these are only the ladies!

Nightwish, Within Temptation, EPICA, i wonder why they dont perform in these. They should blow pretty much every pew pew song that is sung in these competitions out of the water. And these are only the ladies!
I agree with you. Pretty much says everything about how I feel about those bands.

I've not heard anyone mention it, but then I look for this thread and see we do have some Mofo Eurovision fans.

Favourites? What will do well? Which should've made it? Anything you don't like?

No matter what Mans said, I thought semi final one was much better than the second. More songs I liked and more barmy staging and performances. The second felt a little pedestrian to me much of the time. So that's where the winner will probably come from.

I liked the Czech Republic most from the first semi and Switzerland from the second. I'd be ok with either winning, but I'd really like San Marino to take it. It's such a old school Eurovision song and, I have to admit, the fact that I think he looks like the ghost of Inspector Montalbano and my gf nicknamed him Right Said Dad puts it over the top for me.

I'd also like to see Iceland do well because one year feeds into the next on Eurovision. I don't think it's a shock that there are more off centre songs and performers the year after Netta won and if this won there might be a few more rock songs next year. I also read a quote where they said silence can be a protest. Please stand there for your three minutes and do nothing. I'd love that. It'd probably do more for them than winning will.

Just for those who can't remember or don't know what I'm talking about when I mention Netta.

Didn't think much of many from either semi-final this year tbh. Did like the Greek entry though, which is unusual 'cos I normally hate their songs, but I see it's 150/1 so undoubtedly won't receive much love and finish down the field. I could swear the Aussie gimmick of being on poles has been done before (or at least something like it)?

You know what I found amusing, the members of Iceland protesting in support for Palestine. Looking the way they do and act, I recommend they take a walk through Tel Aviv, and then take a walk through areas of Palestine and see what happens... that support will soon go out of the window.

Enjoyed Eurovision last night, haven't watched it all the way through for years and decided to this year in support of Israel's right to host, and add to the audience numbers. Glad to see nothing in connection to protests ruined the night, great security.

And look, the UK had another bland song and singer but not that bad to come last! what a surprise...

Oh, boring Netherlands won. Not boding well for next year.

I was sure that Madonna would be bad, but I really had no idea. Wow. Even 8,000 hardcore Eurovision fans couldn't get themselves up for a music legend and gay icon after she finished that. Tragic.

Was surprised, but quite pleased, to see N. Macedonia do so well. With the juries, at least. My sister didn't like it and was worried it'd do well, but I told her not to worry - the public vote would take care of it.

Do you remember how the jury system was supposed to stop the political voting? Well, looks like there's still a little way to go with that. Better though.

Did Iceland make it out of the building alive? My sisters dog barked and growled every time he sang.

I quite liked Netherlands and so glad it beat Sweden, now they had a boring song!

Countries I enjoyed on the night: Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Australia, Italy and Azerbaijan. Can't really remember the others.

I was sure that Madonna would be bad, but I really had no idea. Wow. Even 8,000 hardcore Eurovision fans couldn't get themselves up for a music legend and gay icon after she finished that. Tragic.
Is it bad I was hoping she would fall down the stairs again... they were all very careful on the night.

I quite liked Netherlands and so glad it beat Sweden, now they had a boring song!
I didn't care for it either, but I think Sweden was hurt by the sound system at the venue. Anything which had/needed a bit of bass was at a disadvantage, IMO, because it sounded tinny from semi 1.

Countries I enjoyed on the night: Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Australia, Italy and Azerbaijan. Can't really remember the others.
No love for San Marino? That was the one I wanted to win. Proper Eurovision, harking back to the 70's and 80's when pop music ruled and the Europeans weren't often very good at it. Which created examples like that, which was brilliant, IMO. Also helped that he looked like the ghost of Inspector Montalbano ala Kenneth Cope in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)

Is it bad I was hoping she would fall down the stairs again... they were all very careful on the night.
No. I'll bet almost every British person who watched it was praying for that to happen. Probably not limited to the Brits, but I'd bet the percentage was higher.

Sound system issue for Sweden for sure.

I used to like the contest, but not anymore.