India's national elections

Tools    

Results will be out on 23 may as to who will be PM and which party will rule for next five years .

This is the first election influenced by whatsapp and facebook . The ruling hindu right wing party ( BJP ) is ruling social media . Everyday I get countless messages on my smartphone as to how PM Modi is the only person who will increase defence spending to protect against the evil designs of china and pakistan ; they are calling him security guard of the nation .

But Modi has not really done well for the nation economically . his decision to demonetise the economy where he suddenly pulled out all cash in circulation and replaced it with new notes in order to bankrupt those who were hoarding notes ( black money ) has not worked out well for the nation's growth rate .

I was going to vote for the opposition and was very vocal about it . but the pressure to vote for Modi's BJP was immense from relatives and friends . They were like ''how can you , an upper caste hindu vote for the opposition that cares only about pro pakistan minorities ( you know who ) '' ?? Fearing a breakdown of long standing relations , I reluctantly voted for BJP .

social media has converted everyone into a campaigner for his or her's fave political party . people who were reluctant to even go to vote last time in 2014 were eagerly campaigning for their choice of political party in 2019---on facebook and whatsapp at least . hot arguments were breaking out on whatsapp groups between supporters of rival political parties .

I will try to collect the stuff that the ruling party is sending on WhatsApp . Here is a joke---

Ghaffar Bhai is on his first trip to a massage parlor in Thailand and the Madam asks him to take a seat and relax.

She sends a pretty young girl over to entertain him. They chat and giggle. She sits on his lap and they cuddle. He leans over and whispers into her ear. "Certainly not!" she replies, stands up and walks away.

Seeing this the Madam sends a more experienced girl over.

They chat and giggle. She sits on his lap and they cuddle. He leans over and whispers in her ear. "Oh no... you must be joking!" she screams.

The Madam is surprised that such an ordinary looking guy could ask for something so shocking that two of her girls have refused.

She decides to send the best girl over to the guy. This girl has never refused any request, no matter how weird.

The two chat and giggle. She sits on his lap and they cuddle. He leans over and whispers in her ear. "No way buddy", she shouts and slaps him across the face.

The Madam is intrigued. She has never seen anything like this in all her years working in massage parlors. She is more than curious about the guy's request.

She goes over to Ghaffar Bhai herself and tells him that she is the best in the house anyway. She sits on his lap and they cuddle. He leans over and whispers in her ear...
"Will the opposition win the Indian elections?"
��������������

I will only ever consider the Congress party if they dump the family.

In any other job Rahul Gandhi would have been fired, and yet despite a decade of failures later, with zero achievements to show, he is still held as a potential PM simply because he belongs to 'The Family.' By far the most privileged individual on the entire planet.

Also, as a honest tax paying middle class individual I am scared of NYAY. Personally, I even feel that the money from NYAY will not go to the poor and is another scam in the making.

Furthermore, any Hindu who has read RVS Mani's book will never vote for the Congress. It boils my blood how they tried to create the false Hindu terror stuff to win Muslim votes.

The options for the third party are none. I was all for AAP. Even made financial donations to them in the past. They were formed on the anti-corruption movement and clean politics. They were filled with educated people. Yet in the past few years they have morphed into corrupt, communal individuals that are worse than the old parties. When I listen to people who have left AAP, it breaks my heart to see how this movement has been ruined.

I think Modi is going to win. Which means I am prepared for the vilification of my religion. There will be more scare mongering about the violent Hindus by the left media and foreign publications like Guardian and NYT, while in reality violence is conducted by all groups and religions in India and should be treated as a law and order situation. I mean just in the past couple of days a Hindu vendor was lynched by a Muslim mob and in another case a Hindu father was stabbed to death by Muslims after he stood up against the same guys for molesting his daughter. I didn't see a peep of outcry. And I am glad there wasn't. People who committed those crime were arrested and that is how it should be.

Cow related violence is unacceptable, but we never speak of the violence unleashed by cow smugglers. If you read the journalist Swati Goel Sharma's extensive work, then you will realise the enormity of the problems faced by villagers from cow smugglers, who either threaten, hurt or kill villagers to grab their cattle. Instead of reforming the police, making the government accountable and raising both these issues, which will help clamp down on the violence by the so-called cattle protectors and cattle smugglers, the media is busy talking about only one kind of violence. All to push a narrative to throw mud on one party.

This really angers me the most. In the past five years I have actually seen distrust, if not actual divisions, created between communities. Not because of the actual violence but because of scare mongering from the media. Remember the 'Christians under attack' narrative, which was later found to be fake. Not a single incident was communal in nature, with all cases being of theft, disgruntled employees, electric accidents, etc, but a narrative was loudly aired everywhere. Not a single media person apologised for running false news. People on the ground are largely living harmoniously, but media constantly indulges in scare mongering.

At least under Modi, there will be better security. I mean in the past five years there have been no major terrorist attacks in cities. Ajit Doval knows his stuff. They have extensively reduced the Naxal problem. However, their handling of Kashmir can be a lot better.

Plus, after the terrible reign of AK Anthony on the defence ministry under the Congress rule, which pretty much stagnated our armed forces, we are finally reforming them and improving them.

We were looking at energy crises under Congress, and after Goyal's good work we are energy surplus.
Trains and highways are rapidly improving. Gadkari has done tremendous work at fast pace.

Good social changes have been made under Saubhagya and Ujwala schemes, where poor families have got electricity and gas connections respectively. The housing scheme is another food initiative.

The cleaning scheme needs a lot of work, but that requires a cultural change. We Indians have little respect for our surroundings. But change is happening. When I visit places like Indore, which look so clean, it fills me with hope.

I also hope the finance sector does better. I dislike Jaitley who is incompetent. Demonetisation was a terrible idea. The perfect man for the job is Swamy, a Harvard graduate and non-corrupt, but unfortunately his loud mouth will mean he will never get that job.

In the past five years I also saw diversity in the media. For years, or since Indira's reign, the media has largely been a hub of select few voices from Delhi. Not anymore, and that's good for democracy.

On the WhatsApp bit. Thankfully, my family and friends group are devoid of the political talk.

I am also immensely amused by people who break friendships over politics. I am not on Facebook, but I hear about it. You really need to sort your heads out if you are breaking age old friendships and relationships over politics.

At the end of the day, it's your friends or relatives who will come to your help in your moment of need, irrespective of their ideologies or religions, and not the politicians.

Exit polls point to right wing BJP government . But exit polls are not always accurate in India . I hope PM Modi led right wing wins but with less than full majority so Modi does not act with dictatorial tendencies .

Yep, we need a stronger opposition party to keep the government in check.

Exit polls can still be wrong, but this is kinda unprecedented, where every exit polls is stating clear majority to NDA.

Lastly, I just hope that someone credible, smart and capable arises from the opposition instead of that clown. Unfortunately, Congress won't change and continue to hail Rahul.

The left and the urban folks are wondering how could the poor people from the rest of the country voted for a man who gave them houses, electricity, gas connections, toilets, bank accounts and free/cheap healthcare. Such a disconnect this.

One other interesting thing for me to see in these results is the erasure of caste dynamics. People have voted across caste lines to BJP.

Also, not surprised how nobody in the Congress is still even talking about their 48 year old Prince and his yet another failure. Any other country, and he would have been held accountable for the loss and dumped. He has now lost two national elections by huge margins.

I am also disappointed to see Thakur winning. I desperately wanted both her and Digvijay to lose. She is a terror accused. She may have been setup, tortured and could still be acquited, but she still doesn't deserved to be anywhere near the parliament. But then again, her main opponent was a terror apologist himself and one of the main creators of the fake Hindu terror phenomenon. Such a terrible situation for that seat.

PM Modi and his BJP party winning by landslide . All hail the right wing !!

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/tib..._content=om-bm

Tibetan refugees get voting rights . With no hope of going back to China occupied Tibet they are Indians now .

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/tib..._content=om-bm

Tibetan refugees get voting rights . With no hope of going back to China occupied Tibet they are Indians now .
This is wonderful. I have been to Dharmashala and these people are kind and generous. Dalai Lama calls himself part Indian.

The state of Congress party, the oldest party of India: Mother rejects son's resignation despite huge second successive loss in national elections under his leadership.

We will never have a decent opposition or alternative to BJP as long as this family exists.

This is what somebody sent to me on WhatsApp about the above news---

Breaking news

Tomorrow, Rahul gandhi will give his resignation to Rahul gandhi which will be rejected by Rahul gandhi because Rahul gandhi says resignation is not a solution of problems created by Rahul gandhi.
Rahul Gandhi then request Rahul Gandhi to continue to guide the Congress which Rahul Gandhi will accept and thank Rahul Gandhi for reposing faith in Rahul Gandhi.