Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Miss & Mrs. Cops

If the Lethal Weapon series had a gender-reversal reboot and add a familial twist in terms of the partners, then this Korean action-comedy would be the result most likely. Ra Mi-Ran scores her 1st lead role as the "Riggs", tough as nails but unorthodox Park Mi-Young while Lee Sung-Kyung plays the "Murtaugh", the justice-seeking Cho Ji-Hye, who also just happens to be Park's sister-in-law with Yoon Sang-Hyun as the husband/sister, whose antics make him the "Leo Getz". However, while the film has comical moments, the film does tackle a case involving a woman who attempts suicide with the duo of cops learning she is the victim of a very provocative video that is set to stream within the next few days. A nice blend of comedy and serious crime with some fun action chases and fights mixed in.

Based on the truth.. and lies.

I thought it looked lovely and had a nice atmosphere but story wise just seemed a mess and hacked together from countless other movies.. but again had a nice feel to it.
It was good paced and pretty entertaining I wasn't bored and like you said really nice looking, but yea the plot was loose

Unregistered User
I finally saw it. Loved it. I enjoy Guerro's ability to put the viewer in a relatively primative world / culture that is being destroyed by greed. Here he mixes indigenous folk with Spanish speaking Colombians and greedy gringos. It features themes on drugs, gangs, guns and girls. It is part South American art-house and part Scorsese / de Palma / Coppola epic. It touches on matriarchy, family, and traditions vs modernity. As for the birds, what do they mean? Maybe they signal the beginning of a new chapter.

It's probably not as good as Embrace of the Serpent, but not many things are. It's a brilliant film in it's own right though.

8.8/10

I knew you would but I'm so glad you liked it. Agree with your descriptions. Its a Colombian mafia film with a difference. Was wondering what the birds meant also.

Did you catch Serpent on Film4 last night?

It (Clarence G. Badger & Josef von Sternberg, 1927)
+
Needed more clown imo

Decided to make it a Clara Bowt double feature....

My Lady Of Whims (Dallas M. Fitzgerald, 1925)
+
Pretty sure it's the first time I've thought of someone named Wayne as even remotely attractive (to me)

John Wick Chapter 3 (2019)

Well... the first 20-30 minutes were absolutely amazing. It never reached those highs again though. The knife and horse stuff is some of the best and most inventive and entertaining action I’ve seen in quite some time.

The middle part was severely lacking though and I think it became clearer than ever that these movies are made by stunt people and fight choreographers - not drama people who knows how to write and build character. Does it matter in a movie like John Wick? No, not one bit, yet the writers seem to think it does. And if it had worked I wouldn’t have minded it at all. But it’s dull. It redeems itself towards the end when we get back from the unnecessary exotic trip, though it does fall into the repetitive action area, which the series has suffered a bit from before though. The action could definitely use better structuring. It works excellently in snippets but isn’t always wowed together with a proper build-up. It often stays on the same admittedly high level, but the lack of changing it up more makes it stale at time - no matter how impressive it is.

But I’m definitely still endlessly impressed by Keanu and the whole team behind this movie. There’s amazing stuff in here... just wish the movie as a whole was amazing too...

Requiem for a Dream. Most soul-wrenching thing I've ever seen. It was too effective for me not to consider the 10/10. Behind LOTR 1 and Sin City, it's the third best movie of the 00's.

Really solid prison drama about a young guy with some anger management issues due to past abuses who ends up in a prison where his dad is also serving time. As with most prison dramas there is plenty of conflict. Needed subtitles even though it was in English because that slang... not up on my British slang.

The number of times I've watched this is somewhere in the 20's but this movie, even over 35 years old, is still one of the funniest movies ever made. And I noticed this time one of the film's most underrated components is Rob Reiner's razor sharp direction...Reiner's directorial eye really kicks in during the second half of the film when David learns that Janine is joining them on the tour and Nigel is not thrilled about the news...the camera beautifully advances story and reveals character emotions that in a formal documentary we would never see...Reiner's work here was crucial to this film that really gave birth to the Christopher Guest rep company.