Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I did a research on Muay Thai after seeing this small video. Muay Thai in Thailand is more than just a sport, is near a religion, something comparable might be perhaps some forms of kung fu. About the ranking, I didn't like to rank things to begin with, but since this thread is about ranking I started doing it. If I rank something 3/5, it means is enjoyable to watch and worth mentioning.
awesome video, ah okay I thought Muay Thai was just a religion when you mentioned it, now what you say makes more sense. Fair enough about rankings, I think I gave it a 4.5 or something
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Birds of Passage (2018)

Finally got the chance to see this, as part of Belfast Film Festival. Following Guerra's near perfect Embrace of The Serpent, I've been looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint. This will/has draw comparisons to Scarface, Narcos, The Godfather and I've even heard The Sopranos linked too. The movie, beginning in 1960's rural Colombia, tells of the escalation of illegal drug trading between indigenous people.

Some of the images are hugely impressive and on the big screen it really was a memorable experience. The fact it was based on a true story makes it even better.

Recommended.

I finally saw it. Loved it. I enjoy Guerro's ability to put the viewer in a relatively primative world / culture that is being destroyed by greed. Here he mixes indigenous folk with Spanish speaking Colombians and greedy gringos. It features themes on drugs, gangs, guns and girls. It is part South American art-house and part Scorsese / de Palma / Coppola epic. It touches on matriarchy, family, and traditions vs modernity. As for the birds, what do they mean? Maybe they signal the beginning of a new chapter.

It's probably not as good as Embrace of the Serpent, but not many things are. It's a brilliant film in it's own right though.

8.8/10

We Die Young (2019) Lior Geller

After the movie Bouncer I had high hopes for this next JCVD movie. The story is confusing, some details are not proper elaborated, the action is poorly made. I guess the whole point of the movie is: they die young and the people they love sometimes go first. I learned that after Trump you can make a movie about MS-13.

Gone Too Far (Destiny Ekaragha, 2013)

Full of identity issues, like thinking it's either 'street' or amusing for a start

Second viewing - Silence of the Lambs -
- Snooze factor = Z
Holmes & Watson -
- Snooze factor = Zzzzz
Crazy Rich Asians -
- Snooze factor = Z
Anna and the Apocalypse -
- Snooze factor = Z
Seventeen -
- Snooze factor = Z
Dead Man Down -
- Snooze factor = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Peter Weir's masterpiece....this movie just gets better and more topical with age and it's one of those movies where every time I watch it, I catch something I never caught before. This visually arresting and hauntingly hopeful indictment on the power of the media is frightening in its prophecy and endlessly fascinating. This movie also gets my vote for the movie robbed of the most Oscar nominations...Best Picture, Jim Carrey's incredible lead actor performance, Weir's direction, Andrew Nichol's screenplay, Supporting Actress Laura Linney, Burkhard Dallwitzand's incredible music and robbed of the Best Supporting Actor Oscar, Ed Harris who's maniacal Christoph is nothing short of breathtaking. On my list of favorite supporting performances, Ed Harris in this movie came in at #1.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum -

HELL YEAH

That's been the general reaction. So glad it's gonna be great and I've avoided even seeing the trailer.

Plus the news of what the next movie is gonna be.

Welcome to the human race...
It plays up the strengths (and admittedly the weaknesses) of Chapter 2 to much greater extents, but I'm already expecting it to hold the title for best action movie of the year. I certainly can't think of any upcoming movies that are liable to beat it.

[size="4"]After the movie Bouncer I had high hopes for this next JCVD movie
I did exactly the same thing and had the same result! lol

3 1/2 stars out of 5

pretty solid film I thought
I thought it looked lovely and had a nice atmosphere but story wise just seemed a mess and hacked together from countless other movies.. but again had a nice feel to it.