Favorite 20-Yr Stretch of Movies?

Tools    

1983 - 2003
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Probably some point in the early/mid 60's to the early/mid 80's, taking in the end of the new wave, all of new Hollywood and then the start of the blockbuster era.

1962-82 or 1964-84

Early 70's to early 90's. Not sure about an exact year to start with. There's quite a few films I like from 73, so maybe I'd start there?

Retracted, misunderstood the title

I'm fortunate (clever?) enough to have never done that long a stretch, longest I ever got was eighteen months and that was bad enough as the only movies we were allowed to watch were Shawshank, Always Outnumbered and Bambi.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
1985 - 2005

But that leaves out so many great movies 😭 I just have to go with what I like to watch most 90s early 2000s.

I was born almost right in the middle

I think If I go by the period of my favorite movies, i would have to say 1950-1969. I compiled a list of movies that I thought would show which movies I enjoyed during this period, and realized that there were numerous holes which I need to fill. There are just to many movies during this period that I know are classics that I have not seen. ( I have not seen Rebl Without a Cause or Giant for example. I was going to list all the movies, but I will just name some of the directors and writers I enjoyed from this period.

Tennessee Williams- Night of the Iguana, Streetcar Named Desire, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, (need to see more)

Ingmar Bergman- Through a Glass Darkly, Winter Light, Seventh Seal. (A few I have not yet seen)
Fellini- La Strada, Nights of Cabria, 8 1/2, La Dolce Vita, (More to See)

Hitchcock- Rear Window, Psycho, Strangers on a Train (More i have not seen)
M, Monsier Hulot's Holiday, On The Waterfront, Moby Dick, 12 angry men, T Kill a Mockingbird, Lawrence of Arabia, Dr Strangelove, Bedtime Story, A Shot in the Dark, The Pink Panther, A Man for All Seasons, The Graduate, Cool Hand Luke, The Odd Couple, and Midnight Cowboy. I think I have enough left over to fill my netflix cue for the next 6-8 months.