Vacations

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Raul if you like sci fi and or music the Museum of Pop Culture is totally cool AND within walking distance of the Space Needle.
Maybe we will go there Saturday or Sunday. We are there for 7 nights 6 days.

...And hubby has his eye on a big two-week Panama Canal cruise, possibly in December....
Small world! Me and the wife have been watching Panama Canal cruises, nothing is set for sure but I want to do that one day as I love cruises!

I'm heading to New York for my holiday this year, I've never been across the pond so I can't wait! 😄

Small world! Me and the wife have been watching Panama Canal cruises, nothing is set for sure but I want to do that one day as I love cruises!
Never been on a cruise. Don’t think I’d like to be stuck onboard with a mass of people.

I'm heading to New York for my holiday this year, I've never been across the pond so I can't wait! 😄
Lived there for a decade. You’ll love it.

Never been on a cruise. Don’t think I’d like to be stuck onboard with a mass of people.
I'm not a people person that's for sure and I hate crowds, but I love cruises because the big ships are as big as a hotel and you can always get away from people. Everybody I know who said they weren't interested in a cruise, then took one, ended up loving them. They have short cruises like only 3 days. Actually sometimes you can get a 1 day/overnight cruise on the big ships.

Yeah cruises can be pretty short which is helpul if you're not 100% sure they'd be suitable. I went on a two and a half hour cruise to the UK once, can't really say it was that memorable tbh but I wouldn't be averse to perhaps giving it another try one day.

I'm not a people person that's for sure and I hate crowds, but I love cruises because the big ships are as big as a hotel and you can always get away from people. Everybody I know who said they weren't interested in a cruise, then took one, ended up loving them. They have short cruises like only 3 days. Actually sometimes you can get a 1 day/overnight cruise on the big ships.
A friend of mine has been all round the world (literally) on cruises. She’s off for 7 days now on an Alaskan cruise. She loves them.

A friend of mine has been all round the world (literally) on cruises. She’s off for 7 days now on an Alaskan cruise. She loves them.
I've been to Alaska twice on cruises. I kept hearing well seasoned cruisers saying their favorite cruise was to Alaska. Now I know why!

Huh. If I took a cruise I wouldn’t choose Alaska, but somewhere tropical, I think. But, like I said, she’s cruised everywhere.

Huh. If I took a cruise I wouldn’t choose Alaska, but somewhere tropical, I think. But, like I said, she’s cruised everywhere.
You can do Bermuda from New York, we did that from Boston...they even speak English there and it was very warm and tropical. Lovely place.

Very cool, what are you going to do and see there?
Gosh, where do I start! 😀
I'll be in New York for 2wks,i want to do lots of sight seeing, and since seeing the heroic actions of a pilot landing his stricken plane on the Hudson River that is one place on my list, along with Brooklyn Bridge, Statue Of Liberty, Empire State Building, I also want to experience having a meal in a New York Diner, I want to ride in a yellow cab and see the yellow school buses, my list is endless! I just hope 2wks is enough! 😎

I've been on many cruises, I love the open space when at sea, I always go for the outside cabin (with port-hole) so I can see what the weather conditions are like the minute I wake up.
We did have a bad crossing to Spain once, but all modes of transport have their own problems in bad weather.

Not a people person @Citizen Rules? My word, I think of you as one of the most people of all the persons here

I myself have avoided cruises because I get nervous that I might not like being on a boat for a week and discover that I direly want to leave. So that would involve an I Love Lucy like episode of being air lifted by helicopter - neither is an appealing prospect.

I suppose I could try one of those short cruises you mention. Maybe a day .

But the truth is I love a road trip. The ride is as much fun as the destination for me.

Well it's been a great time in Seattle and Washington so far.

Tuesday we headed downtown. Hit up Pikes Market, saw the Gum Wall, went to the aquarium and got some awesome seafood at The Crab Pot.

Wednesday we drove to Olympic Lodge up in the Peninsula. Went to Hurricane Ridge. That drive up was something! Lots of fog to make it quite interesting and a deer on the road. Then two deer in the parking lot hanging out by someone's car. A great view from the top as we seemed to be above the fog. Then later in the afternoon went on a hike by Lake Crescent and Marymere Falls.

Today we drove over to Hoh Rainforest and hiked The Hall of Mosses. Just great scenery. Drove over to Rialto Beach, saw an awesome herd of Elk and was blown away by the view of the Pacific Ocean there.

Hard to decide a best view they were all great.

3 more days here yet, but headed back to the Seattle area again tomorrow. Still going to squeeze in another National Park and for sure the Space Needle and we will see what else we end up doing.

Friday drove back from Olympic Peninsula to hotel by airport then went back downtown. Visited the Columbia Tower which had great views and then went on an Underground Tour of Seattle which was pretty neat. Drove back to hotel to eat at Aqua Terra. They had an amazing steak.

Saturday we drove to Mount Rainier. Drove as far as we could for now which was Paradise and Henry M. Jackson visitor center. It was a really nice visitor center. Then we backtracked, went hiking a bit by Narada Falls and Trail of the Shadows. Went back to hotel and had a great meal at Spencer's.

Sunday finally hit up the Space Needle and the Museum of Pop Culture. Really liked the Space Needle atmosphere. We then went back to Pike Place to walk around a bit, grab some souvenirs over there and by the waterfront. Then proceeded to Wild Ginger for dinner. Highly recommend that place.

Overall an excellent time. Could see myself going again in the future.

I fly to America tomorrow from Heathrow, 2 whole weeks to do as much as I can with my family in New York!😎