What We Do In The Shadows TV Reboot

Tools    

https://screenrant.com/what-we-do-sh...taika-waititi/

"Taika Waititi has announced yet another project based on What We Do in the Shadows, with a U.S. TV reboot the latest in the works. Three years ago, Waititi rose from a TV and indie film director to garner massive praise for his breakout comedy What We Do in the Shadows. Mixing the indie sensibilities of Eagle vs Shark and the absurdist tone of Flight of the Conchords, the film was a smash hit at festivals and with horror and comedy audiences. Thanks to the movie, Waititi landed the directing gig for Thor: Ragnarok, but he hasn’t forgotten the world of the mockumentary.

Fandango spoke with Waititi while promoting Thor: Ragnarok, and he announced a brand-new project based off of What We Do in the Shadows:

“We’re trying to develop a U.S. version of What We Do in the Shadows. You know, set here in the states, but a TV show.”"

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
What a fangtastic idea.

I really enjoyed the movie, so this isn't meant as detraction. This material was made for tv, the movie felt like tier 1 television.

I don't see how this doesn't work.

This might just do nobody any good.
Doug Jones has been cast as, I assume, the tv show version Petyr.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/what-we-...er-1202382260/

"FX has given a series order to a reboot of What We Do In The Shadows, the long-in-the-works half-hour comedy based on the 2014 mockumentary horror film co-written, co-directed by and starring Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi. Clement is writer and executive producer on the TV adaptation, and Waititi will direct and executive produce. The project originally received a pilot order earlier this year. The pilot has now been picked up to series with a 10-episode first season slated to premiere in spring 2019.

Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillen are set to star in the series, executive produced by Scott Rudin, Paul Simms, Garrett Basch and Eli Bush.

Novak will play Nandor, the head vampire of the house. Berry plays Lazslo, the goofiest in the house, the type of vampire who turns into a bat and flies into a wall. Demetriou plays Nadja, the badass female vampire of the house. Guillen is believed to play Nandor’s assistant."

Watching this now. Sooo good. Loved the movie. Love Colin the energy vampire. I'll enthusiastically watch any episode they send my way.
Same. And I've always believed energy vampires exist, it's GREAT seeing it on screen.

And the emotional vampire!

It's fine so far. Not adding a lot to the movie, kinda of just the same jokes. Lots of potential here given the topic and the people involved, so I'll definitely keep watching. I think they need some time to figure out what they have, what's sustainable, what's working, etc.

The Emotional Vampire thing seems like a one-episode gag to me, won't be surprised if it wanes as time goes on. More Matt Berry, though, please.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Not sure how far you got, Yoda, but they bring in a similar female vampire too. The scenes where they pair up are hilarious.

And it's been long enough since I'd seen the movie that I'm enjoying the jokes. They don't seem redundant to me at all -- no more so than jokes on other sitcoms.

Watched the first two episodes last night. Better than I expected but not a patch on the film. The energy vampire idea got stale very quickly I felt. Doug Jones was brilliant as ever. Matt Berry was funny but he's been a lot funnier in other roles on British TV. The real standout and the best thing about this version for me is Natasia Demetriou.

Yep, they didn't need the 'energy vampire' character at all and it gets boring when he's on screen(or is that my energy drained!), the rest of the cast are excellent and I agree about Nadja, I couldn't stop laughing when her character was on screen.

I also couldn't stop laughing at the shop sequence - coloured dust, creepy paper!

Yep, they didn't need the 'energy vampire' character at all and it gets boring when he's on screen(or is that my energy drained!),
Nice thought but we do actually want to watch the show .

the rest of the cast are excellent and I agree about Nadja, I couldn't stop laughing when her character was on screen.
Yes, I was the same. I know her as a comedian but I've only seen her a few times. She was brilliant in this, which is a shame when there are other parts of it that are such a let down.

I also couldn't stop laughing at the shop sequence - coloured dust, creepy paper!
Yeah, and I thought back to the similar bits in the film at the same time .

I'm not a fan of the show really. It's not by type of comedy. But Tash Demetriou (Nadja) is great in everything she does. She's completely nuts in interviews too. Very funny lady. I recommend catching her on the Adam Buxton podcast if you're into that sort of thing.