Where do you get your movies?

Tools    

Based on the truth.. and lies.
I rewatch my favorites quite a lot. I have had to be more selective about which films I own though, as I am running out of space.
I also get rid of movies alot if there not good enough to keep i give them to the library still good movies I just don't care to own some, if it's not appreciated by me someone else can have

I like to organize my movies like a fanatic

I've been trying to be more minimalist with things and my blu-ray/dvd collection is one aspect I'm trying very hard to cut down on. I use to blind buy a lot and stopped doing that as much and now rent most films I want to see first and buy it if I really really liked it. I've saved quite a bit of money doing that. Last film I was going to buy for example was Aquaman but decided to rent it instead and glad I did, enjoyed it but not a film I would watch again.

So at the moment I get films in physical format sent through via an online film rental service, and buy blu-rays/dvds when it's something I really want to see or liked.

Shopping wise I go to Amazon UK and its foreign versions for most stuff as it's usually the cheapest, and also HMV. I'm on Amazon Prime, and I'm thinking about Netflix as I can get that on my main television now thanks to a cable box upgrade.

Shopping wise I go to Amazon UK and its foreign versions for most stuff as it's usually the cheapest,
I’ve bought DVDs from Amazon.uk that, even with s/h across the Atlantic, have been cheaper than buying them from Amazon here in America. Go figure.

I download a lot to be honest. I don't own a DVD player, does Xbox 360 count?
The problem is, the DVD renter's near me don't have a large panoply of movies.
The cinemas with the kind of movies I want to watch are 120 kilometers away.

A bucket of anxiety
Netflix because our DVD player doesn't work and only go to the movies for stuff we really want to see (because it's an hour long walk to the theater, we don't have a car)

The problem is, the DVD renter's near me don't have a large panoply of movies.
You’re lucky you even have a video rental store. Just about disappeared from America.

You’re lucky you even have a video rental store. Just about disappeared from America.
That's the same here, I guess. I remember when I was about 4-6 years old and I (my parents) rented the Three Little Pigs (1933) and Three Little Wolves (1936). They rented those same exact movies at least 50 times. That's the same video rental store I sometimes rent DVD's, don't know for how long. Now thinking harder, I guess I'm not doing my part.

I miss rental stores so much the last one closed in our town last year. I remember they used to be around every part of town.

Last year? Can’t even remember when we had an open one, it’s been so many years.
the one that closed was a hanger on don't know how they survived so long, maybe the curtain section they had? 🤔 Don't know

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have Netflix but it doesn't really offer a good range or choice of movies, especially older movies, so I still rent dvds through the post for a subscription. Cinema Paradiso seems to be the only place that still does that, I'm not sure how I'd fins all the films I wanted to watch without it. I'm envious of all of you who seem to have libraries with large dvd collections, mine has hardly anything and you still have to pay to rent them. If I can't get something on rental, I'll buy it second hand from ebay or CEX.

I'm envious of all of you who seem to have libraries with large dvd collections, mine has hardly anything and you still have to pay to rent them.
We go online and ship them too our nearest library through there catalog,

Where do you live?

the one that closed was a hanger on don't know how they survived so long, maybe the curtain section they had? 🤔 Don't know
The one we had with a “curtain section” closed decades ago.

Scream Factory

What an excellent day for an exorcism
I haven't bought a disc in over four years now. And the very small disc collection I do have, I rarely break them out. Streaming for me..... Mostly VUDU and a few titles on Amazon streaming library. I also find myself renting more and buying less. Replay value just isn't as prominent for me as in the past.

When I was in my 20s I used to rent films on VHS from a mobile van, it would park up in my street once a week, it was convenient really as the van would be there in the evenings, one of the first videos I rented was Child's Play, I remember thinking Chucky was so freaky!!

If i wanna watch on TV screen - Amazon. If just for one time - piratebay..

Just wondering were everyone purchases or views their movies from. Does everybody stream now or?

I buy 90% of my DVD's second hand off Ebay or Edward McKay's

First run, I'll go with the Criterion Sale at Barnes and Noble or Birthdays and Christmas