Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I liked Bernard and Doris.

Green Book (2018)

+

Simple, sappy, and predictable, and I loved every minute of it. I already liked Ali and Mortensen anyway, so that easily transferred over to these roles. Plenty of laughs and tears. I don't know what Spike Lee's problem was but I'm glad this won the Best Picture Oscar.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Re-watched over the weekend:

This movie is as cute as a button...Sally Field and Jeff Bridges are absolutely adorable.

Kiss Me Goodbye is one of my favorite movies. It's a guilty pleasure movie for me that I've probably seen over 100 times.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Invitation (2015)

A lot to like in this, but hard to say without spoiling it! The sense of wrongness creeps up slowly, but you're not quite sure whether it's internal or external. The awkwardness of different ways of dealing with grief were effective, and the long shots of corridors and locked doors added to the tension. On the downside, while the main character was well drawn and acted, the supporting characters seemed less so, and while there's certainly supposed to be a layer of awkwardness and weirdness, their interactions never seemed quite natural from the start.

Something I was pondering at the end, though:

WARNING: "The Invitation" spoilers below
Were the people who survived the only ones who didn't take part in the 'I want' game? I'd have to rewatch to check, but I think so. Which would be a nice touch.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Whoa. Hosoda knocks another one out of the park.

Aquaman -
- Snooze factor = Zzz
Hell Fest -
- Snooze factor = Z

In Aquaman the rooftop chase in the extended trailer was far more exciting than the sequence in the actual film...

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Slap Shot: 10/10: Classic movie and very accurate on the hockey lifestyle.

Coneheads: 8/10: Very underrated film which is overlooked by many SNL fans. How could someone not laugh during at least one of the jokes.

the royal tenenbaums - 6/10
punch drunk love - 7/10

The Prodigy (2019)

Bland and unoriginal evil child horror movie. Very similar to Bad Seed remake but with supernatural element to further water down the story. Also technically it looks like a TV movie and has exactly zero interesting or creative shots.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Holdning these heavy spoilers ready to ruin filmgoing experiences all over the world in an instant feels like having the Infinity Gauntlet with all the Infinity Stones getting ready to do the snap... I will make a spoiler tag below not including any spoilers whatsoever of Endgame. No matter what it says there will be nothing at all... The question is do you trust me?

WARNING: "AVENGERS ENDGAME ENDING SPOILERS" spoilers below
You are a brave soul. I like you and wish you a wonderful time at the cinema!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Holdning these heavy spoilers ready to ruin filmgoing experiences all over the world in an instant feels like having the Infinity Gauntlet with all the Infinity Stones getting ready to do the snap... I will make a spoiler tag below not including any spoilers whatsoever of Endgame. No matter what it says there will be nothing at all... The question is do you trust me?

WARNING: "AVENGERS ENDGAME ENDING SPOILERS" spoilers below
You are a brave soul. I like you and wish you a wonderful time at the cinema!

Is this the "Rate The Last Movie You Saw" thread or did I walk through the wrong door?

Is this the "Rate The Last Movie You Saw" thread or did I walk through the wrong door?
Yeah, this is “Rate The Last Member Thread”

doubledenim

But on a serious note I don’t know how to rate Endgame yet and I’d also just rather want to wish people a good experience watching it so they can go in knowing as little as possible. Sorry for ruining the concept of this thread with kindness