'Get to know others' thread

Tools    

So there are so many members here, think it'd be great to interact with them a bit with these very random questionnaires..

01. Name?
02. Where are you from?
03. Profession?
04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with?
05. 3 favorite Movies?
06. 3 favorite TV shows?
07. 3 favorite directors?
08. 3 favorite actors and actresses?
09. A food item you could never have enough of?
10. Your celebrity crush?
11. Who is your hero in life?
12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
13. What is the worst gift you have received?
14. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
15. Describe your love life with a movie title?

Have a great day, ya'll!!

Sure why not, I'll give this a go

01. Name? Citizen Rules, aka Citizen aka CR

02. Where are you from? West coast of USA, Washington state

03. Profession? None, ha!...Though I do work my arse off I just don't think of it as a profession.

04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Probably but being a private sort I never give out PI.

05. 3 favorite Movies? I don't really have favorite movies, there's movies I appreciate. Like old noirs, old musical, well just about any old movie is good with me.

06. 3 favorite TV shows? I don't have TV service, I haven't had that in years so I never watch TV.

07. 3 favorite directors? Orson Welles, Kelly Reichardt and I'll have to think on a third one.

08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? I made a list here at MoFo: My List

09. A food item you could never have enough of? Easy! Pizza...but only if I make it from scratch. Most fast food pizza is mediocre and the crust is way too thin!

10. Your celebrity crush? Hmmm, hard to say.

11. Who is your hero in life? My wife.

12. What was the last movie you went to? It was so many years ago I don't remember. Somebody gave me a couple of free movie passes for Christmas and then the next Christmas I regifted them.

13. What is the worst gift you have received? See answer #12

14. What was your favorite subject in school? History, I hate math.

15. Describe your love life with a movie title? Ha! that's a great question....These movies are opening this week so just take your pick:
The Curse of La Llorona
Penguins
Kalank
Breakthrough
Hail Satan?
Under the Silver Lake
Rafiki
Little Woods
Fast Color
High on the Hog

What a great thread — I'll happily answer those questions when I have chance .

I’ll give it a go...

01. Name? MovieMeditation, MovieMed, MM or..... Anders. That’s my real name.

02. Where are you from? Denmark.

03. Profession? I’m still young to I’m still working on a clear path, but right now it is Film and television production with a more technical approach. I want to learn about what goes into creating movies and tv and want to know about every aspect of it.

04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Geena Davis. Christian Dior.

05. 3 favorite Movies? No Country for Old Men, Casablanca and The Tree of Life (to pick three drastically different ones)

06. 3 favorite TV shows? Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, True Detective. I’m not the biggest tv guy but I try to watch the big ones

07. 3 favorite directors? Paul Thomas Anderson, Quentin Tarantino, Darren Aronofsky

08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robert De Niro

09. A food item you could never have enough of? Tough one, as I’m a food lover and love everything from comforting fast food to gourmet. Make stuff myself often too... If I could be very general about it, I would say fresh, non-processed food. If I had to eat store bought stuff for the rest of my life I would die. I love freshness in foods.

10. Your celebrity crush? Ryan Gosling. And also Emma Watson. Even though she has become a bit too extreme for me with all that feminism stuff. I love Jennifer Lawrence too.

11. Who is your hero in life? I don’t know. Right now I can’t think of a specific person but I love people that sacrifices all for a cause. Especially when they are famous and thereby have the money and power to turn a lot of people around. I loved Paul Walker. In a way he is still a hero of mine. Such a smiling, gentle soul. So down to earth and so caring.

12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Captain Marvel. Leading up to Endgame. I liked it okay, but it was pretty meh.

13. What is the worst gift you have received? There is no such thing. By receiving a gift you mean something to that person. If they give a bad gift by accident, the thought counts the most and if they do it on purpose you have a special bond with that person and can do stuff like that.

14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Must have been PE. I liked English too (as it was a foreign language subject) and Media Class, obviously.

15. Describe your love life with a movie title? Out of Sight.

01. Name?

Victoria - or Tory. I actually hate the name Vicky.

02. Where are you from?

California

03. Profession?

Receptionist at a veterinary clinic.

Billy Joel has the same birthday, but we're quite a few years apart.

05. 3 favorite Movies?

Quills, Gladiator, Up

06. 3 favorite TV shows?

Blackadder, Roseanne, Dexter

I don't really care about directors, but I guess Spielberg, Hitchcock, and... Tarantino?

Joaquin Phoenix, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe. I don't care about actresses. I'm shallow like that.

Um... bacon?

Joaquin Phoenix, obviously.

I can't say that I really have one.

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World I liked it but, like most sequels, it fell short of the first one.

Tough to say. Probably a gift certificate for a massage. I don't like strangers invading my bubble. I never used it.

Though at the time I thought the worst gift was a kitten I was given about 18 years ago. I'd just lost the best cat I'd ever had and the kitten I was given was sick and poorly socialized. It took months to get him healthy and close to two years to get him to fully trust me. I really didn't want him for those first couple of years. Still have him and wouldn't give him up for the world now.

I hated all the subjects.

Umm.... The Toy? Single White Female? I'm only half white, though.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
01. Name? Mark French
02. Where are you from? Los Angeles
03. Profession? Retired tescher and air traffic controller
04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Clark Gable
05. 3 favorite Movies? Jaws, Elmer Gantry, Midnight Cowboy
06. 3 favorite TV shows? Jeopardy!, The Simpsons, All in the Family Current ones - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Good Fight, Jeopardy!
07. 3 favorite directors? Spielberg, Kubrick, Capra
08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? Humphrey Bogart, Alec Guinness, Jack Nicholson. Katharine Hepburn, Deborah Kerr, Bette Davis
09. A food item you could never have enough of? Prime Rib
10. Your celebrity crush? Growing up, Catherine Deneuve
11. Who is your hero in life? Lincoln
12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Avatar in 3D. I thought it was very good.
13. What is the worst gift you have received? Kick in the balls
14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Math
15. Describe your love life with a movie title? Ready, Willing and Able

01. Name? Sean C.
02. Where are you from? Buffalo, NY but bern in GA for long enough to call it home now.
03. Profession? I run a housekeeping department for a nursing home. Every young man's dream.
04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Clark Gable and John Ford. Had to look that up, but
05. 3 favorite Movies? Barton Fink, Once Upon A Time In The West, Annie Hall
06. 3 favorite TV shows? The Sopranos, The Shield, Seinfeld
07. 3 favorite directors? PTA, Wes Anderson, Ingmar Bergman
08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? Jimmy Stewart, Daniel Day Lewis, Jack Nicholson, Audrey Hepburn, Amy Adams, Grace Kelly. (This could change tomorrow, favorite actors is my hardest cinema question)
09. A food item you could never have enough of? Chicken Wings
10. Your celebrity crush? Scarlett Johansson
11. Who is your hero in life? Bill Wilson. Man who has a Sunday school ministry in NYC. I have heard him speak a couple times. What the heart of Christian should look like. Can't even explain it.
12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Shazam! About what I expected unfortunately.
13. What is the worst gift you have received? Nothing comes to mind
14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Anything to do with literature
15. Describe your love life with a movie title? Purgatory

01. Name? I don't give out my real name on the net, so my I.D. is Captain Steel, so you can either call me Cap or Steel, or if you're slightly more daring, O Captain, my Captain!

02. Where are you from? NJ

03. Profession? Currently none (although I've served as a home aid to my parents before my dad passed away and now to my mother - I also do freelance gardening on the side).

04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Rudyard Kipling, Tiger Woods and Eliza Dushku!

05. 3 favorite Movies? I can't narrow things like movies down to favorites - check my profile for some I randomly placed in my top 10.

06. 3 favorite TV shows? Same as above. I have different categories of favorite shows. Some classics are The Honeymooners, Star Trek, The Simpsons. Currently I've been following The Orville.

07. 3 favorite directors? I don't really know Director's work by name, so I don't have any "favorites."

08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? Again, I have trouble with "favorites" - too many come to mind, and I probably like ones even more that I wouldn't be able to think of off the top of my head.

09. A food item you could never have enough of? Pasta (specifically Italian) or Pad Thai!

10. Your celebrity crush? Too many to think of just one.

11. Who is your hero in life? Can't narrow it down to just one (I'm seeing a pattern here.)

12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? I think it was Batman: The Dark Knight. Thought it would have been better if it wasn't so "busy" - the pacing, while meant to be suspenseful felt a little uncomfortable, like the audience had to strain a bit to follow along (whereas a movie should move you with it without you having to "try" to follow). Otherwise pretty decent with a new take on the Joker.

13. What is the worst gift you have received? I'd say anything I couldn't use. Probably clothes that I didn't like or which didn't fit. I had to edit this because I just remembered some friends gave me a "Girl's Gone Wild" VHS tape - one of the most pointless, stupid things I ever saw: 2 hours of girls lifting up their tops and screaming "WOOOO!!!" - couldn't at least one of them think of something else to say? The repetition of it's sheer meaninglessness was like torture.

14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Art. In college it wasn't Art because I was an art student in Rutgers U.'s art school (3/4 of my classes were Art), so probably Astronomy and Abnormal Psychology.

15. Describe your love life with a movie title? On My Own. The Lonely Guy. Castaway.

01. Name?
- Drishti.

02. Where are you from?
- India.

03. Profession?
- Engineer.

- Emily Dickinson.

05. 3 favorite Movies?
- Mulholland Dr.
- Memories of Murder
- Amadeus

06. 3 favorite TV shows?
- Friends
- Luther (till Season 3)
- Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. I love Game of Thrones too although the writing is going downhill now.

- David Lynch
- Jim Jarmusch
- Billy Wilder

- Dustin Hoffman - Amitabh Bachchan - Irrfan Khan (I really don't know about Dustin Hoffman now. I know, I know one should separate the art from artist but his allegations are too disgusting for me to look past that. Shame because he's such an outstanding actor.)
- Naomi Watts - Maggie Smith - Tabu.

- Rajmah Chawal.

- Jason Bateman and Paul Newman are my all time favorite celeb crush. I also love Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Timothy Olyphant.

- Parents.

- Yeah, Shazam for me too. Was fun and all but nothing much to write home about.

- One of my friends gave me a condom for my birthday. 😒

- Math, definitely.

- It's a Wonderful Life.

01. Name? - The Rodent, Rode, Rodes, TR
02. Where are you from? - Shropshire, England. Where Tolkien based The Shire.
03. Profession? - Had a go at almost everything. Proud to say I worked with the Armed Forces almost 20 years ago.
04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? - Evan Peters, David Lynch, Buzz Aldrin, Raine Wilson
05. 3 favorite Movies? - RoboCop, The Thing, Predator are 3 that will probably always be in my Top 10. Jurassic Park as well.
06. 3 favorite TV shows? - Don't watch TV
07. 3 favorite directors? - Verhoeven, Spielberg, McTiernan
08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? - Tom Hardy, Sam Rockwell, Charlize Theron
09. A food item you could never have enough of? - My homemade chilli
10. Your celebrity crush? - Charlize Theron
11. Who is your hero in life? - Bit of a groaner... but my Stepfather.
12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? - Took the kids to see SpongeBob: Sponge Out Of Water
13. What is the worst gift you have received? - Any kind of clothing. I always get stuff that doesn't fit
14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? - Art
15. Describe your love life with a movie title? -

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
01. Name? gbgoodies, but you can call me GBG.

02. Where are you from? Long Island, New York

03. Profession? Toy and collectible sales

04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Bill Paxton, Dennis Hopper

05. 3 favorite Movies? It's hard to pick only 3 favorite movies, but Arsenic and Old Lace, 12 Angry Men, The Music Man, Wall-E, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Dead Poets Society, While You Were Sleeping, and When Harry Met Sally all rank near the top of my list.

06. 3 favorite TV shows? Again, it's hard to pick only 3 favorites, but "The Dick Van Dyke Show", Columbo", "The Big Bang Theory", "Stark Raving Mad", "Star Trek", "Castle", "Becker", "My Favorite Martian", and "The Carol Burnett Show" all rank high on my list.

07. 3 favorite directors? I don't follow many directors, but my favorites are probably Steven Spielberg, Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder, and Frank Capra.

08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? It's hard to narrow it down to only 3 favorites, but Cary Grant, James Stewart, Jack Lemmon, Hugh Jackman, Katherine Hepburn, Doris Day, Julie Andrews, Sandra Bullock, and Meg Ryan are among my favorites.

09. A food item you could never have enough of? Chocolate

10. Your celebrity crush? I tend to fall for the characters rather than the actors, but if I had to pick an actor it would probably be either Cary Grant, Hugh Jackman, or Pierce Brosnan.

11. Who is your hero in life? I don't think I have a hero.

12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? I used to go to the movie theater every week, but I stopped going because the prices, (and the aggravation from other moviegoers), went too high. Now, it's been so long that I can't even remember the last movie that I saw in the movie theater. But the last movie that I watched was Million Dollar Baby (2004) for the Sports Movie Tournament here on MoFo. The first half was kind of boring because I don't like boxing, but I was so blindsided by the second half of the movie that I ended up loving the movie. (If you haven't seen the movie yet, do NOT read anything about it before watching it.)

13. What is the worst gift you have received? I can't remember ever getting a gift that I didn't like.

14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? I liked math and science. I hated history and geography.

15. Describe your love life with a movie title? Never A Dull Moment

01. Name?
- Drishti.

02. Where are you from?
- India.

03. Profession?
- Engineer.

- Emily Dickinson.

05. 3 favorite Movies?
- Mulholland Dr.
- Memories of Murder
- Amadeus

06. 3 favorite TV shows?
- Friends
- Luther (till Season 3)
- Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. I love Game of Thrones too although the writing is going downhill now.

- David Lynch
- Jim Jarmusch
- Billy Wilder

- Dustin Hoffman - Amitabh Bachchan - Irrfan Khan (I really don't know about Dustin Hoffman now. I know, I know one should separate the art from artist but his allegations are too disgusting for me to look past that. Shame because he's such an outstanding actor.)
- Naomi Watts - Maggie Smith - Tabu.

- Rajmah Chawal.

- Jason Bateman and Paul Newman are my all time favorite celeb crush. I also love Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Timothy Olyphant.

- Parents.

- Yeah, Shazam for me too. Was fun and all but nothing much to write home about.

- One of my friends gave me a condom for my birthday. 😒

- Math, definitely.

- It's a Wonderful Life.
I am from India too . Read my reviews on Bollywood movies here---

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...=35427&page=17

02. Where are you from?
Lancashire, in the North of England
Róisín Murphy which really made my day when I found out. I love her to bits .
05. 3 favorite Movies?
Münchhausen (1943), Alien (1979) and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
06. 3 favorite TV shows?
Classic Doctor Who (1963–1989; 1996), Father Ted (1995–1998), Ghost Stories for Christmas with Christopher Lee (2000)
Ridley Scott, Werner Herzog and John Boorman
Daniel Auteuil, Michael Shannon and Brad Dourif; Saskia Reeves and Lynda Steadman
Cheese
Most recently Cate Blanchett

This may interest you : https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=44466
My mum
I can't remember as it's such a long time ago. It could have been something like Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991), which was great.
Well it's the thought that counts (we hope) but a DVD with three bargain basement science fiction films on it.
Media Studies
Hunger (2008)

So there are so many members here, think it'd be great to interact with them a bit with these very random questionnaires..

01. Name? Stirchley
02. Where are you from? Stirchley
03. Profession? It’s a secret
04. Any famous celeb you share your birthday with? Michelle Obama
05. 3 favorite Movies? The Graduate Bullitt The Deer Hunter
06. 3 favorite TV shows? The Sopranos The Wire Gomorrah
07. 3 favorite directors? Scorsese Tarantino (two will have to do right now)
08. 3 favorite actors and actresses? Robert DeNiro Meryl Streep Al Pacino
09. A food item you could never have enough of? Chocolate
10. Your celebrity crush? Steve McQueen (the white one )
11. Who is your hero in life? Churchill
12. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Don’t go out to movies
13. What is the worst gift you have received? Soup ladle
14. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Languages
War of the Roses

Have a great day, ya'll!!
Mine are above

10. Your celebrity crush? Steve McQueen (the white one )
He was "Steven McQueen" once .