Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Tools    

Anyone else think Kylo Ren knew the Emperor was a presence and this was what his lines meant. I Will finish what you started meaning Vader. Only maybe he took the truths he must embrace the dark side as a teaching in the old ways too literal

Anyone else think Kylo Ren knew the Emperor was a presence and this was what his lines meant. I Will finish what you started meaning Vader. Only maybe he took the truths he must embrace the dark side as a teaching in the old ways too literal
I didn't like Snoke, and the only way I can think of of rescuing that character is if he was an illusion projected by Palpatine that everyone bought.

Seeing as he seemed cut in half and his tongue hanging out Snoke appeared to be a live being. Popular theory is he was a failed Palpatine clone that was disfigured allot like Trooper clone 99 in the clone wars cartoon series

Seeing as he seemed cut in half and his tongue hanging out Snoke appeared to be a live being.
For my purposes I would agree – appeared . Such a disappointing character; I think one thing that they underestimated is the need for a good voice. Class moment though .

Popular theory is he was a failed Palpatine clone that was disfigured allot like Trooper clone 99 in the clone wars cartoon series
Makes me think of Alien Resurrection – well yeah, clones can be made so it's another plausible idea.

Im hearing there will be a mysterious new dark force user not Kylo Ren or Palpatine in the movie. I always figured they will need another Villain cause in all of Star Wars its always been 2 evil beings. I think Palpatine is just a Dark Force Spirit trying to come back or almost can come back to life.

Originally in Return Of The Jedi, Obi Wan and Yoda were supposedly going to learn how to return to life rather than as a Force Ghost.
Might be a Force skill they use for this film and actually bring Palpatine back properly.

Thats the worst Poster Ive seen for a live action attempt. One hopes for a better one when get a full trailer or final trailer release.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Maybe it's animated! Worked for Clone Wars and kinda does look like Clone Wars line style. Kidding of course but who in the design department DIDN'T see that?

Just a weird design choice IMO.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Emperor looks like 25% Yoda 50% Emperor 25% I don't know wtf

It also looks like "We killed the big bad to subvert expectations last time so now we have to bring back previous big baddie, cause when Kylo comes good there has to be a badder baddie, also we have no idea wtf we're doing".

I think Thrawn would have been a Good Villain to challenge Kylo For Authority power struggle. And Turned Ezra who is seems bad but a New worse threat is coming worse then the Sith or First Order.

All this talk about Palpatine being in and I don't think he'll even be more than a glorified cameo. He'll be a flashback or a disembodied force ghost voice taunting Rey and Co. before their final ultimate victory against whoever the villain(s) are (probably Kylo, The Knights of Ren, or The Sith Troopers). The return of the Emperor I think was always on the books, since The Mouse was probably thinking “how many characters is there to bank on?” And when you think about it, what other characters haven’t yet been featured in a live action Star Wars film since Disney’s buyout? Boba Fett?

But, I don't think for a second Palps is going to be anything more than marketing fodder. And so far, it's working. It depends on whether they literally bring him back to life or not (which, I very much doubt is actually gonna happen). And despite popular consensus, he won't be entering the Snoke role as the overarching villain like most believe. I think the crux of the story now is about Kylo saving himself, by himself, or possibly with some help from Rey, rather than defeating some great evil like in the previous trilogies, which is pretty ground breaking in terms of story-telling for a Star Wars film, and perfect for a character like Kylo (he's too unhinged to be controlled by some overlord). I reckon they'll give Sheev the same amount of run-time as Luke. And, thematically, he'll probably have the same purpose. Probably giving a few characters some in-sight on the force or something, now that the saga as-a-whole is coming to an end; a mirror to the past (if you will), only for the darkside. The only thing I hope comes out of this, is an on-screen encounter between him and Kylo Ren. Ian McDiarmid and Adam Driver are two of the best actors in this entire saga.

The Emperor looks like 25% Yoda 50% Emperor 25% I don't know wtf
Maybe it's animated! Worked for Clone Wars and kinda does look like Clone Wars line style. Kidding of course but who in the design department DIDN'T see that?
Just a weird design choice IMO.
This looks too cartoony for me.
Agreed, way too cartoony..
Too cartoony is kinda tradition for me lol
Yeah… that’s because the artist used a picture of an action figure as reference for the poster. I feel as if he was ordered to do this so fans would have to see the film in order to see Sheev irl. Movie posters routinely photoshop actors heads onto lookalike models or use stock photo images too.

Content with lifting ideas from the originals he's moved onto the prequels.

Must be pretty desperate with a story giveaway like that.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah… that’s because the artist used a picture of an action figure as reference for the poster. I feel as if he was ordered to do this so fans would have to see the film in order to see Sheev irl. Movie posters routinely photoshop actors heads onto lookalike models or use stock photo images too.
I was mostly referring to Rey and Kylo. Both postures and edge lines look very much like the stylized kinetic drawings from The Clone Wars. Or Samurai Jack. Both, to me, look like cartoon figures rather than human figures in motion. Palpatine in the background is what it is, and that's fine for what it is, but I think in context of the two figures Palpatine becomes an easier target to project onto.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear