The Videogames Tab

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Still farming Rathions. I swear one glitched as it moved twice as fast as all others I've encountered. Need a lot of mats and none of them are dropping. Still stalling on story line building an armor set, but I may have to move on and see what plays out.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Even though my gaming is in remission...

Being an idiot , I've been debating buying Days Gone and getting the pre-order bonus. When I saw the pre-order bonus, I'm debating even playing the game in the first place.

- Drifter Crossbow Early Unlock
- Nitrous Upgrade #1
- Gas Tank Upgrade #1
- Shroud Upgrade #1

Uggghhhh....Motorcycle upgrades. I'm just getting too set in my ways on this stuff. I realize this may be "this isn't for you" , but those things seem lazy. Basically tack on some stats to your stuff. Everything rpg.

The Adventure Starts Here!
First sign of the Apocalypse: Austruck buys an Oculus Rift.

Set to arrive around April 25. This isn't completely out of the blue, BTW. I was visiting friends last week, and they let me play with theirs. I was afraid of motion sickness (to which I'm prone), but the only bad reaction was when I was "standing" on a ledge or platform and it felt as if I was going to fall off. So it was mostly fear of heights and not motion sickness.

But there are plenty of games out there that don't rely on such tactics, and I played a few of those too.

So, we'll see how this goes when it arrives. Looks like I won't have to upgrade my current computer, either, which is a nice plus.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Dreams, everyone. It's wild.

That ain't the half of it.

I've seen a shooter which has togglable aim assist.

TOGGLABLE AIM ASSIST.

With something which has been in open beta for less than a week.

there's a frog in my snake oil
First sign of the Apocalypse: Austruck buys an Oculus Rift.
Woot

Please do avail yourself of my stupidly long list of VR reviews

The Adventure Starts Here!
Dreams, everyone. It's wild.

That ain't the half of it.
Am I missing some vital cultural reference here to understand WTF I just watched? Because, like, WOW.

It was, though, oddly hypnotic.

A system of cells interlinked
Oh, The Witcher III, how I missed thee...

Not sure why, but I randomly fired up a new game of The Witcher III yesterday while I cooked the ham. My mother-in-law was hanging out watching me play, and she kept exclaiming as I played... "Oh my...this is amazing, just look at that sunset...look at the water! Look at his hair! I have never seen anything like this."

Meanwhile, I am sucked back in already. I am going with a different build this time around, I plan on courting the redhead instead of the dusky hued brunette, and most importantly, I am getting ALL the Gwent cards this time, while growing a very manly beard!

Oh, The Witcher III, how I missed thee...

Freaky. I was walking round a store this morning and saw the GOTY Xbox disc for a tenner, figured that I hadn't played Witcher 3 in ages and bought it.

I now own the damn game on all three systems.

Am playing on the hardest difficulty and it's pretty brutal, maybe too brutal for me. Might drop it to Blood & Broken Bones.

My cousin really talked up WIII and I was THIS close to downloading a copy a few months back while on a personal quest to find daily grind. But then I watched a random YouTube video of the character running around half naked with sword in hand and I just couldn't take it seriously after that lol. I think it was more the fighting animations. Looked clunky to me. To be fair, I never played it, but I didn't want to take the risk in spending the money to find I would not be happy. Still satisfied with MH:W, so maybe that was the right path for me.

When I get round to listing my games of this generation, there won't be many ranking higher than Witcher 3,even though it wasn't quite my game of the year at the time. Story, world and character building are its strengths - I think it's the benchmark.

Combat is fine but the standard difficulty is easy enough that you can swing/swing/dodge your way through just about everything. Up the difficulty a notch and combat becomes far more rounded, and you'll need to use magic, bombs and parries a lot.

For the price point in 2019 it's one hell of a good deal. I have close to 200 hours on PC, plus another full Goty playthrough on PS4.

@ynwtf The Witcher III has my vote for the best Western RPG ever made. It's my favorite RPG of the modern age, and if not for nostalgia, it might be my favorite of time. Amazing open world, fantastic story, awesome weapons and armor, top-notch score...play it!
@Tacitus...Yea, I tried the super hard difficulty previously, and after Jenny-o-the-Woods handed me my ass for the fifteenth time, I dialed back to Blood & Broken Bones.

The game is SO good.

Also, value! My first play ended up at around 168 hours or so. The DLC alone (which now comes with the game) clocked in at over 40 hours! Keep in mind, Probably played a good 5 hours of Gwent (card game in the game) as well.

The game is SO good.

Also, value! My first play ended up at around 168 hours or so. The DLC alone (which now comes with the game) clocked in at over 40 hours! Keep in mind, Probably played a good 5 hours of Gwent (card game in the game) as well.
It was definitely on my radar before picking up the PS4. I never got far with Skyrim though so was concerned with repeating that experience. Maybe after I survive a few other titles I will reconsider. Seems like it would be better on PC too. Maybe by then I'll find it in a discount bin?

It was definitely on my radar before picking up the PS4. I never got far with Skyrim though so was concerned with repeating that experience. Maybe after I survive a few other titles I will reconsider. Seems like it would be better on PC too. Maybe by then I'll find it in a discount bin?
I loved Skyrim as well, but this is different enough that it may hold your interest. The story is better, for one. A lot better, IMO.

I might even play Gwent this time around. Generally can't stand CCGs, and Gwent was no exception.

Edit - Luckily it's totally optional. You don't ever need to engage with the darned thing.