Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Ashes and Diamonds (1958)

Blimming amazing, so atmospheric with a great, realistic, storyline and feel.

9/10

The Cabin in the Woods 2011

Cool concept and movie, could have worked even better with a slightly different cast (maybe).
Liked Zombieland a bit more, think that can be credited to it's cast.
I did add The Cabin in the Woods to my personal top 100 horror list @ #82.

Annihilation -
- Snooze factor = Z
Assassination Nation -
- Snooze factor = Z
Red Sparrow -
- Snooze factor = Z
Bad Samaritan -
- Snooze factor = Z
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald =
- Snooze factor = Zzz
Ralph Breaks The Internet -
- Snooze factor = Zzz
Second viewing of Shank -
- Snooze factor - Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

'High Life' (2019)

A pretty extraordinary Sci Fi film from Claire Denis. Robert Pattinson and Juliette Binoche are as good as ever. But it's Mia Goth who steals the show. It's a cerebral Sci Fi film in the same vein as 2001, Solaris and Instestellar. There are no monster's here - at least not in the traditional sense. There is a lot of violence and some disturbing scenes.

Exestentialism, humanity, theoloy and procreation are all explored.

8.5/10

Richly entertaining musical comedy with an edgy screenplay and glorious Oscar-nominated performances from Robert Preston and Lesley Ann Warren

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on the planet who's seen this movie...the brilliant performances of Jack Lemmon and Anne Bancroft are worth the price of admission alone.

Dogman (2018) Matteo Garrone

An Italian independent about a passive, timid, humble and compassionate man that loves his young child and takes care of dogs and it's struggle to deal/survive a very aggressive man that's been bullying the entire neighborhood.

Eastern Promises (2007) David Cronenberg

Vodka, Tattoos, Semechki, Prostitution, Cocaine. An inside into Russian mob in London where a young nurse finds a leverage to stop a brutal organization.

New York Stories (1989) Woody Allen, Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese

I've always had a enormous wonder and curiosity about the lives of people that pass by me in any big city. The NY finest together making some possible scenarios. Personally, I loved Scorsese, Nick Nolte was a great pick.

Paris, Texas (1984) Wim Wenders

Anti-romance masterpiece, with my top 3 favorite American actor, Harry Dean Stanton. Photography is amazing, Ry Cooder's tone is amazing, emotionally amazing. A lost man finding himself. No other movie ever made such a powerful remark on emotional attachments.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003) Ki-duk Kim

A South-Korean independent movie about the journey of a young child in a floating monastery being watched by a old Buddhist monk on the seek of enlightenment. Have you ever searched your memory for an action from your past to find a justification for something that happened to you now? This is probably the most simplistic movie I've ever saw in my life, the young boy is like a flower unbutton, every season is a stage of life and they managed to express those changes with the almost absence of dialogue, with a beautiful cinematography and reveling pictures. A beautiful depict of the cycle of life.

The Blues Brothers (1980) John Landis

Only if I didn't like blues I would give this movie a lower rating. They say this is a comedy, I didn't really laugh. Maybe because I'm not smart enough, I don't know. Anyway, is averagely entertaining.

Glass (2019) M. Night Shyamalan

I don't get the point: Now we all know super hero's exist? Great.

Welcome to the human race...
La femme Nikita -

This definitely cranked my reluctance to revisit Léon up a notch.

Black Panthers (1968) by Agnès Varda

A really interesting short film (Documentary) on the Black Panthers by French nouvelle vague director Agnès Varda.

The Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach ((1968) by Danièle Huillet and Jean-Marie Straub

A rather radical and difficult film. I could not help to think the directors wanted to annoy the spectators by using a mumbling narrator. As a huge music fan and record company founder i found this fictionalized account of Bach really interesting despite the narration.

+

Won’t let me insert pics on off my photo library something about security token missing so no pic I’m afraid.

Friday 13th IV The final chapter (1984) Currently going through all of the Friday 13ths at the minute, I’ve Watched the odd one here and there but going to hit them in order, 4/5. I honestly never thought I’d give one of these movies over a three let alone a four, I heard it was the best and it’s actually brilliant.

Won’t let me insert pics on off my photo library something about security token missing so no pic I’m afraid..
You need to use the "Go Advanced" button (underneath the 'Quick Reply' box) to format your reply .... and once there click on the 'paperclip' in the options (top row, 3rd from the right). From there you can specify a file on your device to upload to the Movieforums server and then use the option to insert the relevant code for the image into your post.

If you are already doing all that and still getting the problem then I suggest you private message Yoda for help.

“I was cured, all right!”
Won’t let me insert pics on off my photo library something about security token missing so no pic I’m afraid.

Friday 13th IV The final chapter (1984) Currently going through all of the Friday 13ths at the minute, I’ve Watched the odd one here and there but going to hit them in order, 4/5. I honestly never thought I’d give one of these movies over a three let alone a four, I heard it was the best and it’s actually brilliant.
Yep, Final Chapter rocks, it's one of the best worst movies I've ever saw. 4 out of 5 for me too.