🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

I get that, gbgoodies, because Star Trek V has grown on me over the years, I'm on the fence about "Miri" because I like Kim Darby's performance as the title character but find the other kids annoying. I guess they're supposed to be, though. Also, it was repeated so many times by a local station, it always seemed to be on on those rare late Sunday nights I tuned in.

About the fate of Captain Kirk's Women!!!!"

Edith Keeler from "City on the Edge of Forever" is probably the most obvious one.

Miramanee from "The Paradise Syndrome" is another one, so that's two.

Rayna from "Requiem For Methuselah" also died, so she's number 3.

Does Andrea from "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" count even though technically she's an android, not a real woman? (I guess if Rayna counts, then Andrea should also count, right?) Sure she counts.

There are a few others who might not count because he didn't really have "relationships" with them, but I'll mention them here just in case.

Sylvia from "Catspaw" died at the end, but I don't think Kirk ever really cared much for her anyway. He despised her, but she counts!

Marta the green Orion girl from "Whom Gods Destroy" died, but she was really Captain Garth's woman, not Kirk's woman. I probably wouldn't count her.
But you got them all!

Getting back to you @Citizen Rules. Nurse Chapel was the one who re educated Lt Uhura. But I don't recall offhand if she or someone else took over for her. I know you don't want me to Google, , so perhaps you can give a hint. ( or an answer )

@gbgoodies just want to say I totally agree that Edith Keiler was a heartbreaking romance - and actually one of my favorite TOS romances- there was something so touching in their courtship, and she brought out a tender side to Kirk. Very well done episode altogether.

Getting back to you @Citizen Rules. Nurse Chapel was the one who re educated Lt Uhura. But I don't recall offhand if she or someone else took over for her. I know you don't want me to Google, , so perhaps you can give a hint. ( or an answer )
Oh, it took me awhile to figure out just what you're talking about. OK so it's Lt. Palmer.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
That's one of the great things about Star Trek. Almost every episode has some great quotes.
In which episode do you hear this quote:

"I am not programmed to respond in this area."

Blu-ee?

People always say Captain Kirk was some kind of womanizer and had sex every week with a different alien babe, which is totally untrue.

Trivia question: How many times did the series actual 'show' Kirk having sex? Of course they can't directly show it, but they do imply that he had sex during the course of the show.

I'm talking about during the actual show and not what might have happened before or after or between missions. No cheating by googling it either, but looking at a list of ST episodes is fair enough

As GBG already know this answer she's banned from answering I have another question just for her: How many of Kirk's encounters with female guest stars ended with the character being killed off?
Good question. Hard to answer. It seems implied in The Mark of Gideon and The Paradise Syndrome.

But you got them all!
What about Turnabout Intruder? I mean, Dr. Janice Lester didn't die, but it does seem to me she and Kirk we're really into one another.

And while I do like the female eye candy in Star Trek, Edith was not presented in that way. It was an adult romance.
Harlan Ellison, who wrote the teleplay for City on the Edge of Forever, won an award for his story while turning his nose up at the Star Trek producers for forcing him to rewrite his script numerous times. At the awards ceremony, he stated, "Don't ever let them make you rewrite," (or words to that effect). Harlan never wrote for Star Trek again.

His original teleplay is available through Amazon.

I wasn't a fan of "Arena" when I first watched it, but it seems to grow on me more and more every time I see it, and now it's one of the episodes that I like a lot.

Here's a bit of trivia for "Spectre of the Gun": DeForest Kelley has played different characters in several versions of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. In this episode, he was cast in the role of Tom McLowery. In the movie Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) he played Morgan Earp, and in the old TV show "You Are There" he played Ike Clanton in the episode about the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.
Nice to meet you, Mr. Kirk.

If I may digress back to The Changeling for a moment, I'd like to post another clip from a fave episode and moment. As we reminisce about TOS, it strikes me that what made the show so endearing was the interplay between the three main characters- and the humor that was merrily threaded through eps like this. This epitaph for NOMAD could have been written by Neil Simon

Nice clip lenslady. "My son, the doctor.". Of course, we learn in Star Trek II that Kirk really does have a son who's a doctor.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, Rodent, it had its flaws but it still was cerebral for its time. Anyone interested in sharing their five favorite episodes? Mine are, in no particular order: City on the Edge of Forever, The Doomsday Machine, All Our Yesterdays, The Trouble with Tribbles and The Apple.
My five favorites would be City on the Edge of Forever, Space Seed, Who Mourns for Adonis, Mirror Mirror, Balance of Terror, and A Piece of the Action...

Ok, that's 6... I could list more...

My five least favorite episodes, in no particular order:
The Alternative Factor (for reasons others have stated)
A Taste of Armageddon (I just can't buy people willingly committing suicide for their government.)
Arena (It wasn't originally a Star Trek story and doesn't feel like one. The Gorn commander is a one-dimensional bug-eyed monster. And I prefer episodes in which multiple characters play a key role.)
Spectre of the Gun (I knew ealy on nothing was really happening so I didn't care how it played out.)
Spock's Brain (I guess it's pretty notorious so I probably need not explain.)

Mesmerized, do you have any photos of my favorite Star Trek babes: Mariette Hartley, Yvonne Craig and Elinor Donahue?
Mariette Hartley as Zarabeth

All Our Yesterdays

Yvonne Craig (original Batgirl) as Marta

Whom Gods Destroy

Elinor Donahue as Nancy Hedford

Metamorphosis

I thought Mariette Hartley looked really hot in that outfit. A little like Jane from Tarzan.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	64899_Mariette_Hartley__014_123_530lo.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	53006  

This question is for anyone, (or everyone), who wants to answer it.

We've mentioned some of our favorite episodes. What are some of your least favorite episodes. (I intentionally didn't call them the "best" and "worst" episodes because we all have different opinions, so I wouldn't want to call anyone's favorite episode a "worst" episode.)

These are my 5 least favorite episodes:
"Miri"
"The Deadly Years"
"Spock's Brain"
"And the Children Shall Lead"
"Plato's Stepchildren"

My least favorite:

1. The Lights of Zetar
2. Is There in Truth No Beauty?
3. Return To Tomorrow
4. Obsession
5. The Alternative Factor

I like Charlie X because Charlie is likable even though he does some bad things in the episode, but the kids in And the Children Shall Lead are just annoying.

Did you know that Robert Walker Jr., (Charlie from "Charlie X") is the son of Robert Walker from Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train? (He looks so much like his father that you had to know that already, right?)
I'm not a man and I can do anything. You can't.