MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

I like Annihilation it was a good watch but I don't consider it a horror at all

never seen The Invisible Man

Hmmmm... I voted for The Invisible Man, at #25, but apparently not ("69 Points (22, 19, 14, 9, 4, 1)"). Well, anyways...

so far:
25. The Invisible Man
Like already explained twice by @Nostromo87 the numbers are points so #25 = 1 point

Haven’t seen Invisible Man.

Did not even consider Annihilation. Yeah there are horror elements but it’s definitely more sci-fi, drama, thrill ish. I wouldn’t mind it too much on the list but I think it’s way too high. I think it’s a great film but on a Top 100 list on spot nr. 71.... I don’t know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Invisible Man is my fave Whale horror/sci-fi/fantasy film. Claude Rains and the visual F/X are incredible. Rains' girlfriend is played by Gloria Stuart 64 years before her Oscar-nomed turn in Titanic. It was in my top 30.

I thought Annihilation was closer to a cross between Predator and Stalker with an otherworldly cancer taking over parts of the Earth. Watchable but uneven enough for me to rate it

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Annihilation (2018)
Runtime: 1 Hour 55 Mins
Production Company: Skydance Media
Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Director: Alex Garland
Production Budget: $40,000,000
Box Office: $43,100,000
Five Votes
71 Points (21, 21, 13, 12, 4)
High Voter: @rauldc14 , @BraedenG33
Can someone tell me how there can be a box office for a Netflix film?

Like already explained twice by @Nostromo87 the numbers are points so #25 = 1 point
Oh, jeez, I haven't really been checking this thread, so my bad.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
never checked out Annihilation, but have seen The Invisible Man quite a number of times through the years and is due for a revisit.

Films Watched: 15 out of 30
#17 Sinister (#76)
#20 The Devil's Backbone (#89)
#21 Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde (#84)
#22 Theatre of Blood (#103)
#23 Re-Animator (#88)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I had Annihilation on my list obviously as the top voter for it. It's a great film. Admittedly I can also see why people wouldn't think it's horror but it qualified so it made it for me.

I had Annihilation on my list obviously as the top voter for it. It's a great film. Admittedly I can also see why people wouldn't think it's horror but it qualified so it made it for me.
As long as you feel it's a horror movie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Can someone tell me how there can be a box office for a Netflix film?
Late last year, it was reported that studio Paramount and production company Skydance entered into an unusual deal with Netflix.

Although Paramount will release Annihilation theatrically in the United States, Canada and China, the film will be available to stream digitally on Netflix in every other overseas market just 17 days after its North American debut. (Because of Netflix's insistence on making its films available to stream the same day they're released theatrically, few traditional exhibitors are willing to show them, believing that Netflix's policy cannibalizes their business.)

-The Globe & Mail

As for it being considered a horror film...what? It's way more sic/fi. Kind of a joke it's on this list, but whatever.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I rewatched most of the classic Universal Monsters movies for this countdown, and The Invisible Man was my favorite of these movies. I liked it so much that it made it all the way up to #4 on my list.

I haven't seen Annihilation.

My list so far:
3) Wait Until Dark (1967)
4) The Invisible Man (1933)
25) Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical (TV Movie - 2001)

Haven't been participating on this thread, but when I saw @gbgoodies mention The Invisible Man, it reminded me of the spoof from Amazon Women on the Moon, starring the great Ed Begley Jr.

Welcome to the human race...
Haven't seen The Invisible Man. The classic monster movies are a little hard to come by around here.

Annihilation is solid, but I didn't vote for it.

Really enjoy The Invisible Man. Not as dark and atmospheric as its contemporaries, but good, campy, and fun.

Annihilation was... ok, but I'm surprised and a bit let down that it made the list. I think it's more horror than myriad other movies that have popped up so far though.

I think Annihilation would actually have been better off had it been more of a straight horror film, scenes like the bear monster were its most effective moments IMHO were as the attempts at something Stalkerish fell pretty flat for me to the degree they almost felt like self parody.

Pretty sure I've not seen that version of The Invisible Man. Definitely not seen Annihilation for the obvious reason.

Unregistered User
Good few for me to catch up on. Slightly bitter-sweet for me as a few of mine did show but too early.

Sinister , I thought I had included but checking my list now, I haven't, so that gives you an indication of how much I like it. I actually thought it would have been placed higher. One of the rare occasions for me when a rewatch of a horror film is better than first watch.
Les Diaboliques is often described as the best film Hitch didn't make and the phrase does have some merit. A true classic that is tense from start to finish, and what a finish it has! Sadly didn't make my list.
The Devils Reject's - nice gore and fast paced, I enjoyed it a lot.

Onibaba - my number 2 pick so obviously I'm a bit gutted that it is still so low although I do think if more watched it, it easily would have cracked top 50. I get that its not out and out horror, even I wasn't sure about including it. At the end of the day though, I just couldn't leave it out.

Mother and daughter left to fend for themselves during civil war, get by by luring soldiers to their death.

This has so much more than just an awesome looking mask! Some of the imagery is exceptional. A must see, in my honest opinion.

The Invisible Man was great fun, I loved it. I've only seen it once and that's what probably has stopped it appearing on my list. The special effects are nothing short of genius
Annihilation was my 22nd pick and just like Onibaba I thought it would have been placed higher. Again, its not true horror but in a list where its not just that simple, it made sense for me to include it. Easily one of my favourite films from the year.