Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

What a great movie. Caught me a bit off guard because I didn't expect it to be as funny as it was. As somebody who butchers the English language daily I have to say that I rather liked Audrey's "bad" English.

Pygmalion's (1938) really good too.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Final Judgement - 7/10
The last 30 minutes are magical... The beginning/middle is too... crazy. But I admit I was on my other laptop looking for other movies.

God had the funniest role. Ernest Borgnine (final scene w/ him and Gaetano is so wonderful), Jack Palance is hilarious when he goes berserk after his wife starts confessing all their bribery.. And when she isn't finished, "Furthermore, in 1952" - lots of amazing moments... This movie was made LONG before anyone used the term "Fellini-esque".

1st Re-watch...One of the Woodmeister's most underrated films...an imaginative and detailed screenplay that requires complete attention from the viewer which is spectacularly rewarded and a perfect cast.

Is the remake, Total Recall (2012) worth a watch or should I stick to the awesome original?

Actually, I never saw the remake. I heard it wasn't that great. Besides, you can't remake one of the best movies of Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

Atomic Blonde

Atomic Bland.

This was quite the let-down. Even with lowered expectations this exercise in action lost its traction early on with some writing that seemed to secretly plot to kill the story right from the get-go...

Rarely have I seen an action spy-thriller be so bland; dragging itself across the floor instead of doing so with the several henchmen that drench the floor - hench, there’s a lot of violence here too, but blood nor body count can wholeheartedly save this pulse-less story. Some of the action is really well-done though - intense and inventive - but the flashback-style storytelling doesn’t work in the favor of the film at all.

The visual side of things feels like a super-sized showreel for action and neon-lighting but becomes monotonous and maddening instead of measured and mesmerizing. Instead of hitting you in the face with a possible power-punch of picturesque proportions - which it seems to aim for - it instead seems like a hugely annoying fly that just keeps circling your face for 2 hours straight. The visuals are so on the nose that it breaks it and is in heavy need of bandages... and maybe a shot of vodka to lessen the pain and help this movie go down easier.

The “one take” was nice though and went on for far longer than I expected. That and what followed was definitely the best thing in this film. The sound mix was good but to me the soundtrack was hugely annoying a lot of the time.

There is not much to be platonic about when it comes to this atomic blonde and forming a proper bond with the characters is double oh-so-hard to do. I’m very fond of well-executed action, but this just seems like it tries too hard for too long. The director’s “better half”, Chad Stahelski, got it right with John Wick... In David Leitch’ hands alone that movie would have turned into John Wack, just saying.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Actually, I never saw the remake. I heard it wasn't that great. Besides, you can't remake one of the best movies of Arnold Schwarzeneggar.[/quote]

I don't think they could top the good old special effects of exploding heads

Widows

There was some good scenes, showing technical skill and promise but adds up to little and way less than the sum of its parts. Destined to not become a classic.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Unregistered User

The Love Witch (2016)

Samantha Robinson was good, the rest wasn't

Russian Doll (2019)

Worth sticking with after a slow start. In fact, after the first 2 episodes it was pretty great. Hope there is a second season.

Sicario (2015)

This is a rewatch since I wanted to show my Dad a good recent movie he would like. Still holds up even after the inferior sequel, probably only because this one set the bar so high. Del Toro plays such a menacing, shadowy character who still manages to be so likable haha

aka Virus and Zombie Creeping Flesh (my favorite title). It's a zombie flick with a bit of a late 70's cannibal movie feel. I have to admit I didn't pay much attention to the plot but what I gathered was that some special forces are sent to an isolated island to see why a secret facility has lost contact. Kind of like Aliens. On their way they run into a reporter and photographer and begin to "investigate" which leads them to a village of natives. They soon realize they don't want to be there and leave while being chased down by the slowest moving zombies ever and end up at the Dharma Inititave (that's what it looked like). Has serviceable gore for the time and some terrible dubbing which matches up perfectly with the terrible acting. Also has random stock footage of different animals thrown in for realism. It's a good one.

Re-watch. The best of the Porky's movies in my opinion. Admittedly, not a high bar and while the first may have had more laughs I think this one had bigger laughs. Really like the awful Rev. Bubba Flavel (Bubble Flavor?)and Wendy's date with the Commissioner is one of my favorite comedy scenes ever.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Michael Jai White plays an ex-Special Ops agent hellbent on avenging his brother's death in Romania with the help of brother's best friend/partner, played by Luke Goss. Nice fight scenes and action, even if a bit on the predictable side.

An action ensemble with two stories connected, one about an ex-mercenary out to avenge his wife's death and a businesswoman's assassination attempt from the mercenaries responsible, highlighted by sporadic fights amongst the excellent cast (Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, Tiger Chen, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Michael Bisping, Jeeja Yanin, Ron Smoorenburg, Dominique Vandenberg). Great job from director Jesse V. Johnson.

: A multiverse blind dating game goes awry when three players from a parallel universe end up on Earth, thinking they are playing the game and get something more out of their experience. Proves you can mesh sci-fi with almost any genre. Fun if you like that sort of thing, but if not, that's okay too.

Solid Marvel entry with Brie Larson in the title role. Loved her chemistry with Samuel L. Jackson, the 1990s nostalgia music and setting, and fun Marvel-style action. Really enjoyed the twists and turns as well. Can't wait for Endgame now.

Fun Irish dramedy with seven stories mostly set within a train station with the stories' one connection interacting with a vast eclectic cast of characters. Star/Writer/Director Liam O Mochain did a great job spending a total of five years to get this film made. IMO, the hard work paid off.