MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

I don't think I've seen that version of Jekyll and Hyde. I thought Zombieland was all right but was underwhelmed, as I am with so many modern horror films when I eventually get around to seeing them. Never really thought of it as a horror film, TBH.

Two excellent movies including one I voted for.

5. Kill List (No Show)
8. The Last House on the Left (#90)
9. Near Dark (No Show)
22. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (#84)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Zombieland is fun, but top 100 horror? I think not.

Suspect's Reviews

Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (1931) Dr Henry Jekyll's engaged to the lovely Muriel Carew. She's the daughter of a brigadier general, a distinguished man of the old guard who's not responsive to a rushed marriage. In a misty London fog, Dr. Jekyll's also a brilliant scientist and scholar, who messes with unusual brews, transforming him into an autumnal monster with large teeth, long hair, and a big attitude. Viewed in October several years ago, and found it every bit as enjoyable and classic as the Universal horrors from its time. Added at #11 on my vote list.

Zombieland (2009) Gun-toting, Twinkie-lovin' Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), meets a nerdy college student named Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) who survived a zombie plague in his town. The two undertake a trip across the United States in which they meet Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin). While modern horror usually takes a more dreary style, this one takes a more fun angle, including a cameo from Bill Murray at his Hollywood chalet, until they arrive at an amusement park overrun by the undead. And without other people, well, you might as well be a zombie. Have it on my list at #14.

25 Favorite Horror Movies by Nostromo87

11. Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (1931)
13. Friday The 13th Part III (1982)
14. Zombieland (2009)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hyde.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	52591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zombieland Talla.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	52592  

All in all, having a great time. Wishing the same to all attendants and watchers as well. Omg, there's still Eighty-Two movies left!!

Surprised Zombieland is so low tbh. I thought maybe top 50.

04. Dog Soldiers (2002) - 94th
11. Zombieland (2009) - 83rd
14. The Fog (1980) - DNP, 110th
25. Critters (1986) - 1 Pointers List

Hang on... if you were on about Jekyll and Hyde (1931) then yeah, that one's not a Universal movie.

Universal does have some rights to the character though, as seen in 2017, and they made a Jekyll & Hyde movie that predates the 1931 movie by 18 years.

Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (1931)
High Voter: @Citizen Rules

Yahoo! I got one on the list! That was my nomination in the 1930s HoF Part 2. Awesome pre-code film, much better than the 40s version with Spencer Tracy.

But on that page you posted, it is.
Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)

He was talking about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I thought it was one. Eh, nice to see classic Stevenson love.

Zombieland is a modern classic. It's almost as good as Shaun of the Dead, but I'd rather watch Zombieland for Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray. It's just too funny.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've seen several versions of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, and the 1931 movie is one of the best versions. I strongly considered it for my list, but it got pushed off by the musical version with David Hasselhoff.

I watched Zombieland for this countdown, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I don't care for zombie movies, but I thought this was a fun movie, and it came very close to making my list, but I just couldn't find room for it. (It probably would have made my list if this was a top 30.)

didn't see Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde

I love Zombieland it's one of my favorite comedy and it barely make my list...

Welcome to the human race...
Zombieland is the first entry on this list that I actively dislike. I saw it in theatres and was mildly entertained by its shenanigans but time has not been kind to it and any attempt I've made to watch it since, whether in full or just catching part of it on TV, has just been a headache (yes, even the much-vaunted Bill Murray scene, though I guess it's the most tolerable part). I think my main problem with it is that it's trying way too hard to be fun in a way that reads far too much like someone trying to shamelessly capitalise on the zombie genre's renaissance across the 2000s (like Eisenberg's rules for surviving reading like they were pulled almost verbatim from Max Brooks' The Zombie Survival Guide), resulting in something that carries no appreciable substance for me in terms of horror (are there any stakes in this movie?), comedy (lol, the wet-blanket dweeb of a protagonist wants to hook up with the no-nonsense female lead and he's so awkward about it), or even action (I'm not even sure about this last one but hey people are bringing up the literal rollercoaster of a finale apparently so I felt I had to). I already griped about Return of the Living Dead being a badly overrated example of a horror-comedy but I reckon I'd take it over Zombieland any day of the week, Metallica or no Metallica.

Haven't seen Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Haven't seen that version of Jeckyll and Hyde.

Zombieland - I don't remember much about it but had it at a 7/10 right after seeing it so I guess I liked it. There are quite a few very good horror comedies that I didn't include on my list because they leaned more towards comedy than horror.