Mass shootings at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand

Tools    

This shouldn't (and won't) become a thread on gun control, but worth noting that quite a few of the mass shootings you see in the U.S. happen in places with significant (or even very strict) gun control. As someone who's not a big gun guy, but knows plenty and has thought and talked about this issue a lot, the one thing I'm sure of is that there is no pat solution.

Well I would point out that this Australian wasn't able to get away with this in Australia so he had to go to a different country that has similar gun laws/ownership as the US.

Daily reminder...

Cuckchan:
Not. Even. Once.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Well I would point out that this Australian wasn't able to get away with this in Australia so he had to go to a different country that has similar gun laws/ownership as the US.
I'm not sure what you mean by "wasn't able to get away with this." If you just mean that he was an Australia citizen, it doesn't exactly follow.

But the idea that this wasn't possible in Australia isn't mutually exclusive with what I said, anyway, which is simply that the situation is a lot more challenging than just "we should have more gun control," for reasons I've alluded to here and expounded on in great detail elsewhere.

On Indian forums they are saying that this attack has in fact strengthened the left/liberal lobby . It will be now fashionable to wear the hijab to proclaim that you are liberal .

In this link is a viral video of a person asking NZ PM to embrace Islam. She answers that Islam teaches humanity and that she has it ---

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...ral-video.html

We should probably have a new thread for whats going on in Sri Lanka.....