John Wick: Chapter Three

Tools    

Really good thread about John Wick and the political and governmental signals exemplified by Jimmy the cop. Click through and scroll to read the whole thread:

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Those are the little moments that make the first movie, and I would argue that they are not irrelevant, they build the world and show that John Wick even has respect from the Police.

My favourite little moment is the Russian bouncer outside the club, the little exchange about how he has lost lots of weight before Wick asks him "How would you like to take the night off Francis", before he takes out his earpiece and thanks Wick.

The Baba Yaga long scene is great too, Viggo on completion of some hugely important business deal ignores his underlings congratulations and asks "have you seen my son"? knowing that his dumb son has had a run in with Wick.

The 2nd movie doesn't have enough of these moments but perhaps its more difficult 2nd time around as the character is already established.

I like those moments too. I bet there will be even lees of them in the third installment. Judging by the cast and trailer anyway.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
"what do you need?"

"guns, lots of guns".

Yep I'm in.

This is gonna be gooooooood! I'm pumped!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I love this series so I’m definitely hype

Weird is relative.
First was awesome, then I kept falling asleep during the second so I'm ambivalent about the idea of there being a third.