MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

I like Dog Soldiers. Not seen it for a very long time but always enjoyed it and certainly think it's one of the few werewolf films worth taking a look at.

The Beyond (1981)
Runtime: 1 Hour 27 Mins
Production Company: Fulvia Film
Distributed by Medusa Distribuzione
Director: Lucio Fulci
Three Votes (19, 16, 14)
49 Points
High Voter: @cat_sidhe

Sixty years ago, everybody in this hotel disappeared. Every last person. Oh, some weird story that Emily told me about room thirty-six. Emily? Who's Emily? The blind girl, that lives in the old house by the crossroads. -Quotes from the film
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Beyond 93.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	52486  

Friday The 13th Part III (1982)
Runtime: 1 Hour 35 Mins
Production Company: Jason Inc.
Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Director: Steve Miner
Production Budget: $2,300,000
Box Office: $36,700,000
Three Votes (21, 15, 13)
49 Points
High Voter: @TYTD

A group of teenagers settle on a summer house (with a barn) for some R & R. Instead, they wind up getting a lot of stalk and slash, while showing off some T & A along the way. -Fangoria Magazine, 1990 Horror Video Guide
Attachments

Name:	Friday The 13th Pt 3 92.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	52493  

The Beyond (1981)
Runtime: 1 Hour 27 Mins
Production Company: Fulvia Film
Distributed by Medusa Distribuzione
Director: Lucio Fulci
Three Votes (19, 16, 14)
49 Points
High Voter: @cat_sidhe

Sixty years ago, everybody in this hotel disappeared. Every last person. Oh, some weird story that Emily told me about room thirty-six. Emily? Who's Emily? The blind girl, that lives in the old house by the crossroads. -Quotes from the film
YAAAAS!

Friday The 13th Part III (1982)
Runtime: 1 Hour 35 Mins
Production Company: Jason Inc.
Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Director: Steve Miner
Production Budget: $2,300,000
Box Office: $36,700,000
Three Votes (21, 15, 13)
49 Points
High Voter: @TYTD

A group of teenagers settle on a summer house (with a barn) for some R & R. Instead, they wind up getting a lot of stalk and slash, while showing off some T & A along the way. -Fangoria Magazine, 1990 Horror Video Guide

Ginger Snaps (2000)
Runtime: 1 Hour 48 Mins
Distributed by Motion International
Director: John Fawcett
Production Budget: $4,500,000
Box Office: $572,781
Four Votes (19, 15, 9, 6)
49 Points
High Voter: @pahaK

I get this ache... And I, I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to effing pieces.
-Katharine Isabelle (Ginger)
Attachments

Name:	Ginger Snaps 91.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	52488  

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The less said about this last pile the better. But it's only fair since I also said
Looking over my list before I send in my horror list. It'll be fun to piss off so many people.
Seen 10 [well, 11]/10/11
My List
Zip

Two of mine today. The Beyond is (at least on the day I submitted my list) my favorite Fulci. Great atmosphere. fabulous visuals and amazing soundtrack. Ginger Snaps is the best werewolf film I was kinda referring to when Dog Soldiers was revealed yesterday. Characters really make this film such a treat. Sad to see both of them so low but at least they made the list.

--
My list so far...

7. Ginger Snaps (2000) - 91st
12. The Beyond (1981) - 93rd
21. Dog Soldiers (2002) - 94th
25. Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (1973) - 1 pointer

I like Ginger Snaps and The Beyond, and I think that's probably the best Friday the 13th movie, although I don't think any of them are more than ok.

If it hasn’t been for Ginger Snaps - which was my 20th and the first from my list - I would have given up on this countdown for going to sh*t.

In all seriousness, I guess a Top 100 is massive and it can’t all be The Exorcist and Halloween. But man did I hate The Beyond and Friday the 13th Part 3D was such a weird 3D-cash-in. But it had its moments. Jason Lives is probably the “best” but non are exactly good imo.

Sad to see Ginger Snaps so low though. Thought it would place higher. I love the genre-mix and the characters and themes. Has a great vibe to it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've seen Ginger Snaps and there was a lot to like in it, but it wasn't in my 25. I haven't seen any Friday 13th films, and never heard of the Beyond.

Never seen The Beyond and not really interested

Friday The 13th Part 3 is nice not make my list tho

Ginger Snaps I’m not a fan at all