Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Trying to think what business this is of yours.
You're going out of your way to be an ass when you can just make yours and the book store's life easier by joining a library. If you always return it to the same book store they are bound to realize you keep doing it and ban you. And then you proudly post online about what you're doing thinking it makes you clever but actually you're really stupid.

You're going out of your way to be an ass when you can just make yours and the book store's life easier by joining a library. If you always return it to the same book store they are bound to realize you keep doing it and ban you. And then you proudly post online about what you're doing thinking it makes you clever but actually you're really stupid.
I buy all my KINDLE books at Amazon.com. I joined in August of 2015 & I have purchased & have in my library 156 books from them.

When one orders a KINDLE book from Amazon, one is given 7 days to return a book if one is not enjoying it. That’s what I & every other KINDLE customer does.

Your post is very rude telling me that I’m an ass & that I’m stupid, but instead of reporting you to Yoda, I am going to block you.

Have a nice life & read a book sometime. You might enjoy it.

I expected not to like this because I read some reviews describing the lead character as obnoxious and when you do look into it deeply he is, but it was a light read and it didn't bother me in the moment.

The book isn't great, cliches all over the place, but it's well written enough that it is a fun way to spend an afternoon, but that's it.

Short novella. Very well-written, but the rather gruesome imagery precludes me from reading it again. Interesting story-line.

Too weird. Returned for refund.

I buy all my KINDLE books at Amazon.com. I joined in August of 2015 & I have purchased & have in my library 156 books from them.

When one orders a KINDLE book from Amazon, one is given 7 days to return a book if one is not enjoying it. That’s what I & every other KINDLE customer does.
I didn't know they were Kindle books either Stirch – that is a good system.

I didn't know they were Kindle books either Stirch – that is a good system.
Amazon has always had a good book return policy (same policy as with Kindle books). Before I switched to Kindle there was a lot of back & forth with books at the post office, but this is much easier. It means a phone call (toll-free) to the Philippines, but that’s okay.

Interesting true story, but I couldn’t relate to the narrator at all. I rather disliked him.

Reading this right now. I have always been intrigued by philosophy, and it helps that Bakewell is a phenomenal writer. Not a dull moment so far.

Really good book. Great writing, great storyline. Amazingly, this author’s debut novel.

Cormac McCarthy – Child of God – 8/10
A disturbed man’s exploits roaming the mountainside. The story itself is good and engaging, but the filthy and clever language is what I loved about it. I’d only read The Road a long while back but didn’t remember the writing being this great.
“A hugeheaded bald and slobbering primate that inhabited the lower reaches of the house, familiar of the warped floorboards and the holes tacked up with foodtins hammered flat, a consort of roaches and great hairy spiders in their season, perennially benastied and afflicted with a nameless crud.”

When I first came to America I loved listening to Carol Miller on WPLJ in New York City. She’s still a DJ, but now for Sirius.

Not a bad book, but way way too much about cancer & her numerous surgeries.

A problem with books of short stories is that the book starts off strong & then sags badly in the middle, never to recover. Such is the case with this book, which I couldn’t finish.