Hard Boiled Vs The Raid: Redemption?

Tools    

Which movie do you prefer more??

I love both movies but I have to go with Hard Boiled because its a gun movie and its got a body count of 300+

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I like the story to Hard Boiled better from what I can remember. I had some trouble understanding The Raid, but maybe it's just me, and my lack of knowledge on Jakarta culture.

But why did the cops not call for back up? They said that back up wouldn't come, but there was at least one middle to high ranking officer involved in the shootout, so wasn't there any way they could compel back up to come at all? It just came off as flimsy writing or I just didn't understand the movie.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hard Boiled is greatly superior in every aspect.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
When it comes to insane amounts of violence with minimal plot, both movies are the king of their kind. But I think Hard Boiled is a bit better made.

Hard Boiled.

That movie, along with T2 seems to be coming up a lot in duels between two movies.

Why not just put up a poll with all options, best action film wins?

I would have to say Hard Boiled as well. I thought the characters and story were quite better, where as The Raid had cardboard cutout villains, and some possible plot holes, but I'm not sure, since I don't understand Indonesian laws and how the police operate.

Hard Boiled
The Raid 2

The Killer
The Raid

Don't think it's a fair comparison though, martial arts should be a genre by now, same goes for comicbook adaptation.

I think I would put The Killer above all three of the other movies, but would have to see Hard Boiled again.

I think I would put The Killer above all three of the other movies, but would have to see Hard Boiled again.
For years I had The Killer > Hard Boiled too, but after re-watching both of them in a row last year, Hard Boiled came out on top.

I tried showing my friends the The Killer, but they couldn't get into the movie cause they thought the actress playing the blind woman went too over the top with her performance and kept laughing at the movie as a result. Sure there was some cheesy humor, but I think it might have been good cheese maybe, or did it not age well?

Well as far as my friends thinking the acting was over the top, we watched the version that was on Netflix before, which was a poorly dubbed in English version, so that probably didn't help for them to judge the acting.

Personally I’d go with Raid but that’s because I have a soft spot for well-choreographed martial arts action that is well filmed and intense with inventiveness.

Hard-Boiled is definitely a well made film with a better story and I understand its status in the action movie world.