Game of Thrones: Season 8, The Final Season (spoilers)

Tools    

Anyone else think there is a chance things keep happening and Bran gets killed before tells Jon and Sam decided not tell Jon the truth cause sees he is happier. Think it be funny if Bran and Jon keep getting interrupted and Night King comes too fast or Jon seems very busy and doesnt see Bran long enough for a story of whats happeningg
That would funny in a parody. Kind of like what happens every time someone tries to kiss in a Hallmark movie. They are constantly interrupted by either; a kid, a phone ringing (and really, they answer it!), a doorbell ringing (and they answer it!), a friend showing up, a former or current boyfriend/girlfriend showing up, etc. etc. Now I know Game of Thrones can't have these (except for maybe a kid, but what are the odds...still)... @NedStark09 you cracked me up with that scenario and took me back to Hallmark. And yes, I watch Hallmark movies! We started with just the Christmas movies, but since my wife has become ill, we watch them to cheer her up. And they cheer me up so much with the silly scenarios that I've written down a list of what we expect to happen in any given movie and usually 9 out of 10 of them do. Game of Thrones will be a little harder to guess.

BTW, I've warned my niece to not feed me any spoilers she's heard for this final season. Up until now, I didn't mind for some reason, as the spectacle and great acting just overrode the spoiler feeling. But this is the end of this incarnation of GOT so I want to know nothing unless it's in a trailer and HBO is fairly good at not spoiling...so far.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
HBO announce runtime of final 6 episodes.

WARNING: "runtime" spoilers below
HBO announces the running times for the final six episodes of Game of Thrones:

Episode 1 (4/14): 54 mins
Episode 2: 58 mins
Episode 3: 1 hour, 22 mins
Episode 4: 1 hour, 18 mins
Episode 5: 1 hour, 20 mins
Episode 6 (5/19): 1 hour, 20 mins

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ears plugged and eyes shut sure hope Swype works cuz i cantvlook at thread to type this reply!!!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I've heard that. I'd some friends that quited the series after the first episodes. I actually decided to watch Game of Thrones because of an image I saw on Men's Humor Facebook page mocking in a sense those who've never saw the series. I endured school/work discussion battles about GoT, but I didn't endured a Facebook post.

I don't remember exactly why, but I fell out in season two for some reason. Glad I picked it back up.

As for this season...

Clegane Bowl!
Clegane Bowl!
Clegane Bowl!

WARNING: "prediction" spoilers below
Ep 1 and 2, reunions, Jon's heritage reveal, prep for white walkers, Arya goes to kill Cersei with a team, Hound and Jamie. Things go down in Essos with Euron, Theon Gold company, Melissandre??

Ep 3 Huge battle and defeat at Winterfell, casualties, deaths etc, everyone retreats South.

Ep 4-5 taking the Iron Throne, death of Cersei, Westeros unites and assembles, prepares for WW

Ep 6 Final battle, aftermath and a Nolan esque wrapping this up final scene.

Plus hopefully lots of awesome **** I can't even fathom,

Tried timing our re-watch of the series so we were done when new season started. Season 7 actually is a wild ride (the whole series is, but this one starts bringing a lot together) , and we are buzzing through it - on ep 5 now so we will get done a little too quick it seems. Either way the trailer looks amazing and no matter how it all ends up there are bound to be some surprises.

I'm on S5E2, will take my time getting through this season cause it sucks.

I'll start today with Game of Thrones. Never watched before.
South Park says it's all about dicks and dragons. Guess I'll find out.
Bought the seven seasons, better be good.
Exactly one week, I had one day off, and I'm starting season 6, so 10 hours (one season) a day. If you read some of my commentaries on other subjects I think is clear that I don't give bad reviews often, and I don't like to dislike something everybody likes just to be different. GoT is overrated as fuk, my opinion. I understand why is so popular, so much constant information for the brain of people that are used to constant information, violence, and nudity. Cinematography is great, I give them that. A handful of good acting, and this is not a compliment given the amount of actors. I've seen more well though stories in Brazilian/Mexican novelas to be honest, actually this is much like a novela, just not for your grandmother. George R.R. Martin story is okay, but nothing special really, compared to J.R.R Tolkien is just, not even close. I liked somethings (many things), the Night's watch was very well though, the Faceless Men from Braavos, very interesting. I think I agree a lot with South Park, is really about dicks and dragons. I didn't finish yet, I'm not saying I don't like, I'm saying those who told me this was the best series ever made are just mistaken.

Wouldnt it be kinda fitting justice if Gendry kills undead Viserion because he makes a new up graded hammer and its be a Baretheon killing a Dragon again. And in a way since has kings blood it more or less proves he is more then a Black Smith

Exactly one week, I had one day off, and I'm starting season 6, so 10 hours (one season) a day. If you read some of my commentaries on other subjects I think is clear that I don't give bad reviews often, and I don't like to dislike something everybody likes just to be different. GoT is overrated as fuk, my opinion. I understand why is so popular, so much constant information for the brain of people that are used to constant information, violence, and nudity
They've cheapened themselves by overusing nudity, especially the earlier seasons.

. Cinematography is great, I give them that. A handful of good acting, and this is not a compliment given the amount of actors.
The music really is first class, Ramin Djawadi has done a fantastic job. The acting isn't always great, Masie Williams (Arya) and Emilia Clarke (Dany) have come under fire a few times over the years, other than that though I think the acting has been fantastic, Peter Dinklage has been a revelation.

I've seen more well though stories in Brazilian/Mexican novelas to be honest, actually this is much like a novela, just not for your grandmother. George R.R. Martin story is okay, but nothing special really, compared to J.R.R Tolkien is just, not even close. I liked somethings (many things), the Night's watch was very well though, the Faceless Men from Braavos, very interesting. I think I agree a lot with South Park, is really about dicks and dragons. I didn't finish yet, I'm not saying I don't like, I'm saying those who told me this was the best series ever made are just mistaken.
I would say A Song of Ice and Fire is better than LOTR, its a much more adult orientated series with far less clear lines of good and evil, the heroes all make mistakes and the villains aren't always clear cut. Tywin Lannister for example, is he really a villain or just a ruthless Lord fighting for his family?

The show does do some things better than the books but for the most part the books are a fascinating read and add much more depth to brief scenes from the show.

One thing really irritates me on re-watches, foreign languages being spoken, like high valyrian, it always just sounds like gibberish with the same phrases being repeated. I think they should have found a suitable real world language and used that. Elvish in LOTR for example is an actual written language devised by Tolkien, a language professor.

The real strength of Game of Thrones has been to shock us, and really go in unexpected directions, and do things to major characters that doesn't happen in other shows. The show has suffered for this a bit in S6-7 with some characters having quite strong plot armour but now we're in the endgame I think we'll see quite a few major deaths by the time its over.

Wouldnt it be kinda fitting justice if Gendry kills undead Viserion because he makes a new up graded hammer and its be a Baretheon killing a Dragon again. And in a way since has kings blood it more or less proves he is more then a Black Smith
WARNING: "." spoilers below
It's going to be interesting how Viserion is going to play out in the battles. Another long term prediction of mine has been that in the end Drogon will have an epic fight vs BOTH of his siblings, but it could be that Rhaegal has to face his brother. Will the Night King even deploy and risk losing his greatest weapon when the enemy have 2 dragons??

You ready? You look ready.
Game of Thrones is still a thing? How many thrones?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Still just the one uncomfortable one, really.
Actually HBO have placed 6 in various locations around the word apparently, in anticipation of S8.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Actually HBO have placed 6 in various locations around the word apparently, in anticipation of S8.
Well, I mostly meant that everyone is still fighting over the seven kingdoms of Westeros -- for one of them to rule all seven.