Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Blow Out 1981 Brian De Palma

Some films don't age well, this film aged like fine wine, very entertaining re-watch.

87/100

The Skin I Live In (2011)

I didn't care for this when I first saw it a few years ago. I've been meaning to try it again and figured now was the right time with the upcoming horror countdown. This time I loved it, enough to make my horror list if I considered it horror, but I don't. It's a wacky story, yet a story I've seen a few times before. This movie just executes it very well and is exceptional from a technical and acting standpoint.

The Favourite (2018)

+

Costume drama doesn't normally interest me, but I enjoyed the director's Dogtooth, The Lobster, and The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Despite enjoying his talents, it wasn't enough to overcome my general distaste for costume drama. The gals are great and there was remarkable detail, but I found it a bit dull overall.

...Most dumb Americans just wanna are an epic slow-no shot of Armstrong placing the flag to some epic Hans Zimmer-ish music...
Really? and how do you know that? conducted a poll perhaps? Or could it be a bit of anti Americanism?

Our Shining Days (2017)

Very good Chinese teen comedy drama school movie. Very cute, kinda like a Japanese slice of life story but it's Chinese and because of that it feels a bit fresh since there are refreshing cultural differences. Very nice overall

Captain Marvel (2019)

From a casual perspective as I know hardly enough of any of the comics' storylines, I thought this movie turned out pretty well. The solid performances out of Samuel Jackson and Jude Law were expected, and I thought Brie Larson was terrific. It did a couple things to set up Endgame as well, which is probably the main reason I saw it. The main drawbacks I had would probably revolve around some of the action/fight sequences, as I thought some were a bit too long and dizzying.

Really? and how do you know that? conducted a poll perhaps? Or could it be a bit of anti Americanism?
I didn’t say most Americans I said most dumb Americans.

I know you aren’t like them. You didn’t like Patriots Day and the likes, and I salute you in slow-mo with epic music playing for that.

And actually there are tons of people online raging about the fact that the flag wasn’t made a big thing in the movie. So yeah...

Holmes & Watson (2018)

Who did this film trigger to have only 3.4 on IMDb? It's not great or innovative comedy but it has some great moments. For the few LOL moments alone I can't call it bad.

GAME NIGHT
(2018)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

: Video game creator gets drunk before flight to New Mexico, finds out he's going to Mexico and then finds himself hunted down by the Mexican CIA, local authorities, and the mobsters...for a package they think he has, but even he is not sure if or even how, he got it. A funny action-comedy with a great performance by Michael Kingsbaker, his first lead role in a film (he is a theater actor who also did a stunt credit in The Dark Knight Rises), with an ensemble cast including Paul Sorvino, Bradley Gregg, Michael Madsen, and Billy Baldwin.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

: Video game creator gets drunk before flight to New Mexico, finds out he's going to Mexico and then finds himself hunted down by the Mexican CIA, local authorities, and the mobsters...for a package they think he has, but even he is not sure if or even how, he got it. A funny action-comedy with a great performance by Michael Kingsbaker, his first lead role in a film (he is a theater actor who also did a stunt credit in The Dark Knight Rises), with an ensemble cast including Paul Sorvino, Bradley Gregg, Michael Madsen, and Billy Baldwin.
Great cast of D-listers.

Suspect's Reviews

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Finding Steve McQueen (Mark Steven Johnson, 2019): His first directorial film since 2013's Hunting Season, Mark Steven Johnson depicts the 1972 United California bank heist, hailed as one of the biggest heists in American history. Travis Fimmel plays Harry Barber, a part of the gang responsible who has an obsession with Steve McQueen and his turbulent spiral from the heist to his relationship with a widow, played by fellow Australian Rachael Taylor. William Fichtner, Forest Whitaker, and Lily Rabe are great in their roles as well as Louis Lombardi and Rhys Coiro, who add some comic relief to the film along with Fichtner's heist leader.

Rating:

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Roxanne (1987): 9/10
L.A. Story (1991): 8.5/10
Phone Booth (2002): 8/10