Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Excellent movie. Big fan of Kristen Stewart. Despite reading several theories & watching the movie twice, I still don’t understand what happened in the final scenes of the movie.

WARNING: "personal shopper" spoilers below
Do you think she is dead? She is noticeably wearing all white in that last scene. From memory

Prince of the City 1981

Long runtime, had some acting issues for me, still a very decent 80's crime flick.
A mix of Donnie Brasco and The French Connection.

'Ms. 45' (1981)

Low budget, gritty, revenge flick that gets under your skin.

The late Zoe Lund manages to draw the audience in with her facial expressions in this movie. As she's a mute seamstress with only one line in the entire movie she pulls it off very well. There's no real resolution in the movie but it still serves as a satisfying way to explore 80 minutes of early 1980s vigilante type killer movie. There's one jump scare in it (featuring Director Abel Ferrara) that made me rise about 4 inches off my seat.

Special mention goes to the jazz score which is almost oppressively piercing at times. And the final disco scene which is oddly mesmerizing.

Ran in with low desires, didn't see the trailer and didn't realize it existed until GF called attention to out at the theater.

The story was what you'd expect from a western, wasn't appallingly unique. Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike made it worth the ticket cost, astonishing exhibitions by both. One of Bales better exhibitions of his profession (not THE best, but rather its one of them).

Extraordinary acting, incredible melodic score, extraordinary cinematography.

alter: subsequent to viewing the trailer for it, skip it on the off chance that you can. Much the same as most trailers nowadays it demonstrates excessively IMO

Welcome to the human race...
Black Panther -

Not my favourite BP nominee, but the first I've actually gone and re-watched, which I figure has to count for something.

This might just do nobody any good.
Malcolm X (1992)

Y’know, I don’t usually see this brought up in “no introduction needed” listings of great films but in trying to come up with something to type up so as to not have this just be a title and a rating, I realized that much of what I could think to say is already something like self-evident.

I think I’ll settle for “Denzel is transcendent and, arguably, bigger and better than the film itself.”

Network (1976)

Diana’s hit new show was right there in front of her: crusty-but-benign authority figures from different premises meeting up for lunch and discuss the indignities of life.

Deadpool 2 (2018)

Did anyone else catch that “The Proposition” shout-out? I was like “wut?”

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019)

Incredible animation: the movements of the characters, the detailing in the textures, the landscapes. The story on the other hand is not anything to write home about.

+

When I saw you left your comment after mine, I thought you had seen the movie with Liz Taylor, lol... (Have you? If so, what did you think?)
You must be talking about Suddenly Last Summer...this movie is just called Suddenly.