Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I have no idea what it's abooot , but it looks like a great movie because of that cast.
It's based on a play I think. The acting is solid and at 80 minutes it is worth a shot.

I love Stir Crazy – I wonder what people think about the blackface bit these days?
CosmicRunaway's just reminded me that this was in Silver Streak .

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 1991

Along with the second film I used to think of this as being in the top tier. Having seen the original series and become familiar with it and appreciating it so much, I react against things like the uniforms and the more military feel of Starfleet; in this sixth film I find the Shakespeare material and the allusions to the Germans in World War II, as well as other political allusions, quite unimaginative and offputting. Great action though – I hate the dilution of the space battles in recent Trek.

Along with the second film I used to think of this as being in the top tier. Having seen the original series and become familiar with it and appreciating it so much, I react against things like the uniforms and the more military feel of Starfleet; in this sixth film I find the Shakespeare material and the allusions to the Germans in World War II, as well as other political allusions, quite unimaginative and offputting. Great action though – I hate the dilution of the space battles in recent Trek.
Agreed, gave half bucket extra because of nostalgic value.. For great space battles check out Stargate Universe, Battlestar Galactica (2003/2004).. and The Expanse!

Agreed, gave half bucket extra because of nostalgic value.. For great space battles check out Stargate Universe, Battlestar Galactica (2003/2004).. and The Expanse!
I keep hearing about The Expanse .

This is my favorite De Niro/Scorsese collaboration.
Did you notice that in both taxi driver and king of comedy deniro's character gets his behavior reinforced at the end?
^As with Taxi Driver...

the protagonist effectively being rewarded for his reprehensible actions can be interpreted as either an indictment of a society accustomed to sensationalism - Travis kills off degenerate scum, Rupert hatches a crazy-enough-to-work scheme - or as a complete and utter break from reality for characters who had been growing increasingly mentally unstable (especially in Rupert's case as he was more explicitly shown to be imagining certain sequences)
The lesson I take is that the lion's share of people are generally pretty bad at the talent of choice-making.

Also, Robert De Niro the person, he's a thug and a tool, to my view.

Welcome to the human race...
Gee, I wonder what could have possibly made you reach that particular conclusion.

Dawn of the Dead -

guys I don't know if you've noticed this but it's a metaphor for consumerism

I enjoyed that. Sam Elliott is really good. It's an understated film.

I loved The Hero...Sam Elliott was amazing...if memory serves, I think a few tears were shed before the credits rolled.

I suppose I'm in huge minority when I wasn't able to even finish Eight Grade. Just couldn't connect at all with its social media obsessed youth and got annoyed and frustrated. Fisher seemed very good young actress though so I'll hope she does something more to my taste later on in her career.
Welcome to the life of a kid growing up in America, and maybe other parts of the world as well. Facebook is not only a tool to become a tool, but also a status symbol. Not to mention, the women.

Gee, I wonder what could have possibly made you reach that particular conclusion.

Dawn of the Dead -

guys I don't know if you've noticed this but it's a metaphor for consumerism
We can snag this anti-consumer blu-ray On Amazon for $169.99 Brand New, What A Deal! (Still a fine film tho)

Re-watch. Good movie, but somewhat of a slog to get through. Hair & makeup artists amazing. Meryl Streep fantastic, as per usual, in her transfiguration.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Brief Encounter - 6/10
You had Sophia Loren and Richard Burton, with Vittorio De Sica directing (my favorite), and this is the best you can do. I don't think so.

Alita (2019)

Since the reviews were better than expected, I decided to see this. To start with the good, it actually looked incredible....Now with the bad. The dialogue was awful, and the plot was messy and almost felt rushed in some parts. I felt like if you took the concepts of something like Artificial Intelligence (2001) and Elysium and removed all of the good elements, you would end up with something like this.