Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Stir Crazy is easily one of my all-time favorite movies, and one of the greatest comedies ever released. It's Pryor and Wilder's best film together.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I can't agree with you at all. John Wick is one of the weakest movies he performed in. His beard doesn't make an impression on me, I like him smooth I watched again Constatine recently. There he is bad ass
Yeah, he might not be the greatest actor, but for me he is more than good.
You did not just say that! John Wick is Keanu's most badass movie and most badass performance to date. The long hair, beard, and suit are customary of his badass-ness.

Two things.

I love all the appreciation for Eighth Grade. It really deserves the attention.

And secondly... Glad people are with me on Keanu.

And i lied. Thirdly, to stay on topic: The King of Comedy
-

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Dune (directed by David Lynch) - Okay, I'm totally torn on this movie. I love it because it's nostalgic for me, I remember watching it as a teen and loving it, but after reading the novel, it's really, really bad. David Lynch has said he never should have made the film, having known nothing about the source material, and in that case, he's correct. It's an interesting, trippy looking film, but how little anyone cared about the world they were building just shines through in every way. Concepts are thrown at the viewer that have no meaning, like what the heck were Weirding Modules? Doesn't matter, they're never used and never explained. They aren't even in the book. Making Paul already an adult robs him of his story arc and character development, and he just knows everything immediately for the sake of story expediency...It was incredibly easy for him to ride the giant worm because they didn't have the time to show him struggling with it. The entire first half is slow and detailed, then by the half way point they just hit the gas til the end. I'm hoping the new Dune films (they're doing the first novel as two, possibly three films) get it right. Love David Lynch, but he failed here...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I suppose I'm in huge minority when I wasn't able to even finish Eight Grade. Just couldn't connect at all with its social media obsessed youth and got annoyed and frustrated. Fisher seemed very good young actress though so I'll hope she does something more to my taste later on in her career.

While I get the joke I must say that it's not very common for me not to finish a movie. Maybe like once in a month or so on average. Also people still exaggerate the toxicity of my reviews and ratings
Yeah, I’m just f*cking with ya. I’ve been gone for most of the time you’ve been here. So I don’t know enough about you or your movie taste, though the HoF has been a good starting point. I wrote a review for Eighth Grade but can’t remember if I tagged it though...

Carnage (2011)

interesting but just a little too toxic for my taste.

The Neighbor (2018) 2/5

The movie seemed to have some potential at first, but everytime you were waiting for something to happen, it didn't, when you thought the main character would say something he didn't. Watching the film was painful and boring at the same time. Fichtner plays a middle aged man stuck in a seemingly boring life/marriage, yet I noticed he seems off, he seems to be slightly disturbed, but we never find out why, and he'd stand in front of someone and just not say anything, so that was frustrating. I was waiting for something to happen, anything, but you're left with no resolution and wondering what was that?

7.5/10. Truly heat-warming. It has kind of a sad ending, but I guess that is what makes it so nice. The little girl was just too cute. Other than Roma, cant find Never Look Away and Capernaum anywhere. Cold War doesn't have a chance anyways. But hearing the reviews of Roma, this will surely miss out.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Carnage (2011)

interesting but just a little too toxic for my taste.

I have no idea what it's abooot , but it looks like a great movie because of that cast.