Best Picture Oscar 2019

Tools    

Which gets your vote for Best Picture of the year?
4.65%
2 votes
BLACK PANTHER
6.98%
3 votes
BLACKkKLANSMAN
4.65%
2 votes
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
25.58%
11 votes
THE FAVOURITE
13.95%
6 votes
GREEN BOOK
25.58%
11 votes
ROMA
18.60%
8 votes
A STAR IS BORN
0%
0 votes
VICE
43 votes. You may not vote on this poll

"Less popular Oscars awards will be handed out during commercial break, amongst other changes."

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...be_handed_out/

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...reboot-tv-show
I just read through that reddit thread and apparently last year's acting winners won't be presenting awards this year.

The thought process confuses me more and more.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if they skipped over Production or Art Directing. Definitely not Editing.

The Sound categories are definitely my vote as the most likely. Maybe Documentary Short.
Cutting out the sound categories would be an atrocious act. Every role in filmmaking is important, but doing sound right is incredibly challenging - partly because people are far less forgiving of the audio than the visuals - and usually it's something that goes unnoticed by the audience.

I just read through that reddit thread and apparently last year's acting winners won't be presenting awards this year.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, I'd be shocked if they skipped over Production or Art Directing. Definitely not Editing.

The Sound categories are definitely my vote as the most likely. Maybe Documentary Short.
I'd say Documentary, Documentary Short, Short Film (Live Action), Short Film (Animated) will be skipped, because quite frankly nobody gives a damn about those categories, and they are the categories that I get wrong every friggin' year. Can somebody tell me right here right now who will win in those categories?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I finally watched ROMA. What an overrated pile of garbage that was!

A STAR IS BORN better win this award. It is the only film that is truly truly worthy of BEST PICTURE.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...source=twitter

"The affected categories are cinematography, film editing, live-action short and makeup and hairstyling."

Embarrassing. An insult to the medium.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...source=twitter

"The affected categories are cinematography, film editing, live-action short and makeup and hairstyling."

Embarrassing. An insult to the medium.
They're cutting cinematography and editing? Out the technical categories I'd say they're the most important. Absolutely baffling.

Also they're cutting live-action short but the animated and documentary shorts are staying? WTF are they smoking?

Welcome to the human race...
I just voted for Roma, though BlacKkKlansman comes a close second. Everything else varies quite wildly.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What the hell are these people smoking? Without cinematography you have NO MOVIE!!!!

Fire these producers NOW!!! No host, embarrassing nominations, cutting out important awards? What a joke. I’ll probably skip this year....but still visit the chat.

I am yet to see Roma. But from the others, hands down the Favortie by a country mile!

I've only seen these three (in order from best to worst): The Favorite, Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther. Will eventually watch at least BlacKkKlansman and Roma but not sure of the other three. Not going to vote yet.

The only movie i would have liked to see on the list would be Beautiful Boy or Eighth Grade and chuck Black Panther in the bin.

And I see, the Favorite at 11 votes, hope it wins. Apart from being great, the other aspect I liked about it was, its British! Love anything British!

Welcome to the human race...
I'd rank them (best to worst) Roma, BlacKkKlansman, Black Panther, The Favourite, A Star Is Born, Green Book, Vice, Bohemian Rhapsody.

For what it's worth Scarlet, you might be the only person I've come across saying it's the best film in the last decade. I didn't expect anyone to go that far with it.

For what it's worth Scarlet, you might be the only person I've come across saying it's the best film in the last decade. I didn't expect anyone to go that far with it.
It's certainly up there with the best.