Movies about Cults

Tools    

No Documentaries. Just movies. Any favourites?

Mine:

1. Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011)
2. Kill List (2011)
3. The Wicker Man (1973)
4. The Village (2004)
5. Sound of My Voice (2011)
6. The Master (2012)
7. The Invitation (2015)
8. Faults (2014)

Wouldn't say it was anywhere close to being a favourite but Red State has a cult central to it.

A system of cells interlinked
Not specifically about a cult, but contains one. Most importantly, everyone should watch this flick...

Mandy

Cosmatos, 2018

A system of cells interlinked
Spellbinder is a guilty pleasure of mine.
I used to love this flick back when it came out in the late 80s. At the time, I had never seen The Wicker Man, and I didn't realize how much it lifted from that film. Still, I pop it in from time to time and watch it for the nostalgia!

Welcome to the human race...
I would count Mandy as "about" a cult since they are the main antagonists whose actions incite and drive the plot. Not sure where to really split the difference between "about a cult" and "contains a cult" anyway.

I like films about cults a lot. They always have the potential for a very weird/wild side to them. Let's summarize all the films that have been named so far, so people can easily choose between films.

So far been named:

Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011)
Kill List (2011)
The Wicker Man (1973)
The Village (2004)
Sound of My Voice (2011)
The Master (2012)
The Invitation (2015)
Faults (2014)
Red State (2011)
Hot Fuzz (2007)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)
Mandy (2018)
Fight Club (1999)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Get Out (2017)

Three other films that come to mind which feature cults:

Inherent Vice (2014)
Under the Silve Lake (2018)
The Holy Mountain (1973)

Welcome to the human race...
I'm wondering how far you can stretch the definition. I briefly considered Apocalypse Now even though the cult stuff doesn't really kick in until the third act (but then again a few of these films don't focus on their cults until well into their narratives). Or perhaps films about covens of witches like Suspiria.

I'm wondering how far you can stretch the definition. I briefly considered Apocalypse Now even though the cult stuff doesn't really kick in until the third act (but then again a few of these films don't focus on their cults until well into their narratives). Or perhaps films about covens of witches like Suspiria.
And some would also include films about (extreme) forms of widely recognized religions.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Love Exposure - 7.5/10

Just finished it. The beginning was excellent. Then it got interesting against when Koiko (sp?) came to school. Then it kinda dragged on. I was mostly interested in Koiko, and the cult part (not the love story, which I found dull)

We belong to the Cult of Movies, do we not?

The Seventh Victim (1943)