Name the Director

Tools    

Franco Zeffirelli: Brother Sun, Sister Moon, Endless Love, and La Traviata.

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It’s not Drew Barrymore. It’s the most famous of Weir’s movies & the answer to guess the screenshot thread. And also the correct answer you provided today in guess the movie from pictures, etc.

The 1st photo with Lucille Ball looks like a film noir, so maybe Lured. The 2nd photo with Kirk Douglas looks like a melodrama but don't recognize the movie. The third photo looks like a film noir with Richard Widmark, probably seen it but don't remember the film...

I'm going to guess, Douglas Sirk? but that's probably wrong as I don't recall him doing a noir with Widmark.

Good guess, but nope.

That is Lucy Ball in a Noir: The Dark Corner. The Kirk Douglas flick is The Racers. Richard Widmark's most famous role is as the psychopath Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death. The still is not from that movie, but it is the same director. The pic is from the anthology flick O. Henry's Full House.

Henry Hathaway

OPEN FLOOR

harold becker