Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Reign of the Supermen (2019)

DC Animated Kryptonite

Blade (1998)

-

I was never interested in this but watched it because it's on the comic book movies list and is eligible for the horror countdown. I think it's action rather than horror so I wouldn't vote for it no matter how much I liked it, but in any event it was a nice surprise. Snipes was awesome, the rest of the cast was cool, and it's just a whole lot of fun.

The Hate U Give 2018

Powerful and touching drama. I'm considering best picture, best actress Amandla Stenberg and best supporting actor Russell Hornsby nominations for The MoFo Film Awards.
Loved this movie and glad that you mentoned Russell Hornsby, I thought he was outstanding.

Shawshank redemption 9/10

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Training Day (2001) 9/10:
A modern classic and well done Crime Thriller directed by Antoine Fuqua with great performances from Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke, Tom Beringer, Snoop Dogg, and Dr Dre. Overall a great movie even though the only problem is I wish Tom Beringer was in the film a bit more.

Harry & son (Paul Newman, 1984) is kind of impolished and could have been a little better acted, but I just don't care and I don't think it loses anything of its meaning and gravitas either way. Its flaws seem so little compared to how much it transmits and makes me feel, to the poignant sincerity it exudes in every single frame. Simply put, this movie has come to stay with me and nothing is going to take it away.

I would rate The Meg 9 our of 10 and Revenant 7 out of 10.

Titantic is my all time favourite.

'Jinn' (2018)

Small budget indie about the struggles of a girl to adapt to life when her mother converts to Islam. Some of the performances are fine, and the overall message of tolerance and how we can all embrace each other's beliefs without resorting to conflict is interesting. I just found the script lacking. It was very hokey and unrealistic in places. The end sequence is especially cringeworthy in terms of a "resolution". It's a real shame as I'm convinced this is a decent subject for a movie. It just wasn't nailed.

I admire the effort from Director Nijla Mu'min. But can't recommend this one.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

''I’m going to be a pilot. Best in the galaxy.''

ROMA
(2018)

Note: Overrated pile of garbage!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The only question is what possessed you to watch it a second time?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Downsizing

Bad execution and for the most part incoherent but manages to not be that bad.