Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I tune in to see if the mystery of how movies
magically appear on her Netflix queue is ever solved. I gotta see this through to the end.

I love Stirchley's awesome and unique film taste.

As of writing, Stirchley is the most prolific poster here with 188 replies - the second-most-prolific is Citizen Rules with 56 replies, which is only a third of what Stirchley has posted.
I'd have more replies than 56, but when I started doing the 30s Countdown I stopped doing reviews and posting about movies in general.

I do have another I shut off recently:

I liked the premise and setting of the film...And the personal style take on the titular character Lucky (Harry Dean Stanton) suited this indie films theme. But so many of the characters and their dialogues seemed rehashed and scripted. So much so, that I stopped believing I was watching a story and instead felt like I was watching actors rehearse on the set. I made it to 15 minutes before shutting it off.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm like the opposite of Stirchley - I've listed a bunch of films in here, sure, but I've almost invariably gone back and finished them at a later date.

I love Stirchley's awesome and unique film taste.
Hope that’s a compliment. Gonna take it that way.

A system of cells interlinked
@Stirchley - ^^^^ Explain thyself!

Gosh, I see it’s in your list of top movies in your profile. Well ... usually do not watch science-fiction of any kind so not surprised that I bailed out. A very long movie too. Love Ryan Gosling & the NYTimes must have given it a good review to have it appear in my Netflix Q.

Not at all sure I understood the story at all. Slow movie, which is okay, if one knows what the heck is going on. Also, not a fan of Harrison Ford at all. Luckily, I missed his arrival.

I guess I don’t have a lot of patience to sit & wait for a movie to be entertaining so I decided to finish season 6 of Veep.

Have you seen the other BR movies as I believe this is a syndicate? What do you like about them?

I have zero interest in the Democratic Republic of Congo so no clue why I put this in my Netflix Q.

Eraserhead! It made me physically ill watching it.

Night of the Lepus (1972)

I shut this off after 45 mind numbing minutes. Boring! not even campy fun. So sorry to see Janet Leigh end up in a film like this.
I recall the trailer for this film. My family went to the drive-ins frequently and as a kid I loved watching the trailers (especially the R rated films). I recall the trailer created a sense of dread but it wasn't clear what that dread was. It was years later when I learned it was about giant bunnies.

I recall the trailer for this film. My family went to the drive-ins frequently and as a kid I loved watching the trailers (especially the R rated films). I recall the trailer created a sense of dread but it wasn't clear what that dread was. It was years later when I learned it was about giant bunnies.
Hey cool, someone else who remembers going to drive-ins. I did that a lot when I was a kid, and a teen too. Luckily Night of the Lepus was one film my parents didn't take me to see Though they did take us to some good old classics.

Hey cool, someone else who remembers going to drive-ins. I did that a lot when I was a kid, and a teen too. Luckily Night of the Lepus was one film my parents didn't take me to see Though they did take us to some good old classics.
I recall seeing the Dirty Dozen at the Drive-in - what a great action film to watch on the big screen in the middle of a dark field in New jersey.

I recall seeing the Dirty Dozen at the Drive-in - what a great action film to watch on the big screen in the middle of a dark field in New jersey.
I might have seen that, I do remember seeing The Guns at Navarone at the drive-in. Also the French Connection which as a kid bored me. I should watch it again as it's only been 48 years!

This is suppose to be good, but I just wasn't in the mood for this type of comedy. So I bailed. Anybody like it?

I did - but I did not know it was a comedy. As the story unfolded I would periodically think "hmm, that was unintentionally funny". I was curious to learn about the specifics of the power grab following Stalin's death. I didn't expect to get that lesson with laughs.

I liked it but the casting was ridiculous. (the actor who played Molotov looked like Neville Chamberlain).

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Polar (2019)

Just felt like a worse version of the "Smokin Aces" style. Quit after 45 minutes.

Won't You Be My Neighbor 2018
Documentary about Mr. Rogers

Children adored him, but I always liked Sesame Street better. Though he truly seemed like a nice person, who had the best interests of children at heart.

So even though I myself found his warm fuzzy cardigan persona a little.....smothering ...and cloying.....and also boring (lol) , I respected him as a good influence in media for children. And I was a little curious about the man himself, plus the movie got pretty good reviews. So I thought I'd give the movie a watch.

I lasted ten minutes.

Good sleep aid, however.