Waiting for Baseball

Tools    

I think this one auto re-news every year. Not sure which day tho. Bet the boss knows.

I love 10 team leagues! Maybe we should do one on the side next year just for fun.
It's...entertaining, I guess. But totally random. There's crazy talent available all the time so it's just "who goes off today?" Even more random than fantasy football already is.

When's the draft? Look forward to this?
Same as most years, somewhere in March.

A 10 team league?! bleah! There would never be a need to work the waiver wire, and I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Looking forward to seeing Avisail, Pham, Morton, and Glasnow play this year, and hopefully a full healthy season at that. I've used Avisail Garcia on my FBB team periodically the past 2 seasons, neat how he's now with Tampa. I should be a scout.

MLB & Union discussing dramatic rule changes in baseball

Some of the changes include a 20-second pitch clock, a 3 batter minimum for pitchers, and a universal designated hitter....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/2787961002/

Weird how Yahoo wont allow anyone to participate in their mock drafts until they join or create a league first.

I so hope the stinkin Yankees get Manny.
They should! They should break any silly pretense of a self imposed salary cap and sign Bryce Harper too. Sign everybody! At this point I'm so borishly disgusted with the Bryce & Manny show I don't even want them on my fantasy team.
Ok with that im probably just getting carried away.

Changing my team from The Naturals to the Moneyballers for a variety of reasons. I think one may be Moneyball is my new favorite baseball movie.......I think, there are many.

Everyone should check out a film called The Final Season, with Sean Astin & Powers Boothe. Surprisingly fantastic film and also a true story.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMjE3OTI2NzUxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcxMDU1MQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR103,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	51737  

AUGH! The Yankees are going after Bryce Harper too! Really?! REALLY?!

https://www.mlb.com/news/bryce-harpe...rk/c-303952884
Actually, not really. I read the article now and they're just speculating. I jumped the gun when I read the headline. Thank God.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I didn't realize the salary issues going on in baseball. For example, the number of teams significantly below the salary cap. Apparently there is no spending floor in MLB and other issues that may be leading to a labor dispute.

Looks like Manny Machado got what he wanted. San Diego Padres, 10 year $300 million dollar contract, yowza!

Isnt that the same deal Pujols got with the Angels?

Looks like Manny Machado got what he wanted. San Diego Padres, 10 year $300 million dollar contract, yowza!

Isnt that the same deal Pujols got with the Angels?
Pujols was 240 big ones. When he was 31.

FINALLY Bryce Harper signed with a team, and just in time cause our Fantasy Baseball draft is this Sunday 1pm EST.

Philadelphia Phillies, 13 years, $330 million. Mike Schmidt wept.